• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One-Day Style Test Cricketers

One-Day Style Test Cricketer

• Sehwag

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Hayden

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Gilchrist

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Gibbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
spofta said:
i have a life unlike most of you losers i dont sit at my computer batting off over cricket.maybe you should go and get a life then talk to me
What is with the insult. There is no place for this here in CW.

Just like Craig said, do not visit this site if you are not interested in cricket.

PY

International Coach
spofta said:
i have a life unlike most of you losers i dont sit at my computer batting off over cricket.maybe you should go and get a life then talk to me
You, sir, are a plonker.

Loony BoB

International Captain
spofta said:
i dont sit at my computer batting off over cricket.
Actually, that's exactly what you're doing. :)

Gilchrist is changing the game more than anyone, easily. There's no contest. The only other player I feel I have to mention is Nathan Astle, when he hit 200 off 153 balls, finishing up on 222. Incredible. His first 50 came off 54 balls, the next off 60, then 22, then a mere 18 balls to get from 150 to 200. Caddick also got hit for a sequence of 4, 6, 6, 4, 6, 6, 6 at one point. Two balls were lost, the second ten balls after the first. My favourite innings ever. <3

Langeveldt

Soutie
spofta said:
Ha... countdown to this guy gets banned in 5...4...

indianreligion

School Boy/Girl Captain
i wud say gilchrist...one of my fav players. sehwag i believe has amazing potential but its tooooo early to judge him...

spofta said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
u really don't think u belong among "losers" do u?

oh, and by the way, we're losers...but we're not jokes!!!

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
If ever an innings can be described as superhuman, that was the one...
Although the lack of pressure on him still means it's not IMO one of the all time great innings.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Although the lack of pressure on him still means it's not IMO one of the all time great innings.
It was certainly one of the most enjoyable to watch

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
IMO it was the most entertaining ive seen, by quite a stretch...

Best test innings (that ive ever seen) was Graeme Smith at Edgbaston in 2003...

Anyway thats another topic...

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Gilchrist is a fair few yards ahead of this competition. He's been doing it for longer. Sehwag has the potential, to my extreme disappointment, to get where Gilchrist is.

hellnback

Cricket Spectator
I was lucky enough to be watching when Astle's 222. That was just a case of everything coming together a the one time. He must been seeing it like a basketball.

It's all too common for Test cricketers to be batting as if they were batting in one-dayers. This is caused by the amount of one-dayers they play.

It wasn't like that 15-20yrs ago, and someone still did, Viv Richards.

Test Ave. 50.23 --- S/R
ODI Ave. 47.00 --- S/R 90+

Dunno Test career S/R but I imagine it may've been quite high.

Eclipse

International Debutant
hellnback said:
I was lucky enough to be watching when Astle's 222. That was just a case of everything coming together a the one time. He must been seeing it like a basketball.

It's all too common for Test cricketers to be batting as if they were batting in one-dayers. This is caused by the amount of one-dayers they play.

Test Ave. 50.23 --- S/R

I think I read somewere his strike rate was ether 59-or 69 I would imagine it was 69.

a massive zebra

International Captain
hellnback said:

Test Ave. 50.23 --- S/R

Viv Richards Test career strike rate was 68.