• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Off Season 2017

brockley

International Captain
Marcus Stoinis moves States, Australian all-rounder, Glenn Maxwell, Big Bash League | FOX SPORTS
Tim Paine holding out for two or three-year deal from Tasmania or retirement could be on the cards | FOX SPORTS
Rumours.

The ACA and CA in stalled talks with CA offering ACA a lesser deal.
So national contracts,state contracts and Big Bash contracts can't be signed or negotiated till their is a agreement.
Contracts run out in June,so we could possibly see a 2nds teams go to the Champions Trophy.
Also the ACA won't allow players to take part in Ashes media till contracts signed.
State male players are said to be worse off,and less money for the grassroots.

Wade still moving to Tas as far as know,Cam White quit as Vics temporary captain,and Maxwell move to NSW no more on it.

Our tour to Bangladesh could be converted to one dayers,as CA doesn't want to play tests against Bangladesh,yet again.
India tour for October probably 7 one dayers,leaving no build up for the Ashes.
No word yet if we will play warm ups via Scotland,Holland or Ireland pre the Champions Trophy.
A series in S Africa,S Africa and India again,this is like 5 years running,its getting boring now.
The under 19 Aussies are playing Sri lanka under 19 in April,all in Hobart,next World Youth Cup is in NZ 2017/18.Austin Waugh and jason Sangha in that side/

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Wouldn't be devo'd if Paine wanted to come to Vic.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He utterly clobbered that. Wrong sport though, should have picked up tennis.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hated batting to all the wides as a junior. And was mostly the reason I never kept. I think it's a great initiative. Shorter pitches will be much better for smaller people to learn on.

In an unrelated incident, the groundsman at my club one season marked out the pitch two metres too long. Which I'm embarrassed to say didn't help my batting or bowling.

brockley

International Captain
Sangha, Waugh headline U19 squad | cricket.com.au
Under 19 squad.

The 2018 ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup will be held in New Zealand from 12 January to 4 February next year.

*To be eligible for this series, players selected had to be under the age of 19 as of 31 August 2016.

Australia U19s v Sri Lanka U19s in Hobart

8 April – 10 April: Three-Day Match
13 April: 1st One-Day Match
15 April: 2nd One-Day Match
18 April: 3rd One-Day Match
21 April: 4th One-Day Match
23 April: 5th One-Day Match

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Had a twitter blow up with one of the "kick Tony out" brigade the other week. He's deleted his own tweets since then.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...in-a-victorian-bushranger-20170404-gvdv9w.htm

Maxwell's frustration with the Bushrangers came after he was told he would bat in the lower order. He is good friends with NSW skipper Moises Henriques, who reportedly had offered the Victorian a spot at No.3 or No.4 in the Blues' batting line-up if he made the move north.
With Wade and Stonis going, this is definitely the right option. (even if they weren't going, presumably next summer will see 2-3 rounds of full strength teams before the Ashes, so NSW wouldn't've been a good spot)