• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Off Season 2017

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Reckon Cartright should bat above Stoinis in 4 day cricket

brockley

International Captain
The program will wrap up with a competition phase, with the National Performance Squad to play a match against the National Indigenous Squad on 28 August, Papua New Guinea on 1 September and a number of matches against State sides during September.

CA release.

brockley

International Captain
Lack of runs I'd say,he hasn't scored a 50 since the world cup,maybe even before.
Hastings has 1 50,and played a lot less games.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pattinson? Hmmm. He's generally been gash at ODIs, but that was a long time ago. Can see the reason for dropping Faulkner. Hasn't got runs (although he's not had all that many opportunities) and his bowling has been much less effective recently.

Shady Slim

International Coach
THE DUKE IS BACK BABY

yeah pattinson from memory an interesting choice, from memory didn't he get smacked around in the bbl? admittedly that's not a gauge of one day abilities but it is for just LO abilities generally

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I don't really rate Patto with the white ball either, regardless of how good he is with the red one.

Starfighter

THE DUKE IS BACK BABY
:clap:
yeah pattinson from memory an interesting choice, from memory didn't he get smacked around in the bbl? admittedly that's not a gauge of one day abilities but it is for just LO abilities generally
He sure did. Economy of twelve and a half. Seemed to bowl a lot of hittable short balls on leg. To me he's always seemed to have a bit of trouble controlling the white ball.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Imagine how licked your lips would be having got through spells from Starc, Haze, Cummins and Pattinson, Travis Head comes on to bowl.

Forkers Champion Trophy debut will have to wait.

stephen

I'd say that Australia should roll with a bowling attack of

Starc
Hazlewood
Hastings
Zampa
Stoinis/Head/Maxwell

If we were playing our strongest bowling attack.

Undoubtedly Zampa will get dropped for no reason on a deck that requires a change of pace and we will lose badly.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd say that Australia should roll with a bowling attack of

Starc
Hazlewood
Hastings
Zampa
Stoinis/Head/Maxwell

If we were playing our strongest bowling attack.

Undoubtedly Zampa will get dropped for no reason on a deck that requires a change of pace and we will lose badly.
You're having a real laugh if you think Hastings is getting selected over Cummins, and even Pattinson. I get the feeling they put Hastings in there because they felt they had to.