• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Off Season 2017

Shady Slim

International Coach
ryan hackney's from my club (though stopped there ages ago to play reps obviously) and it a total gun

he averaged around a hundred repping nsw at the nationals

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it too early to start shilling for Uppal? Watching him from the Ponting XI game made me instantly like the cut of his jib.

brockley

International Captain
Sri Lanka out for 105,Zac Evans 4/22.

Just saying he got a ton,no more.
I remember the reverberations of Jake Doran in his junior years,ringing in my ears.:laugh:
Zac Evans looks a prospect tho.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Evans coming out of school cricket, played 1st XI cricket at Ringwood CC already with Ian Holland and Michael Topp - very good attack.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah didn't KP piss off after a game or two this BBL season to play the Saffa league?

brockley

International Captain
Um that means flying back and forth.
I know McCullum for instance signed a 3 year deal,which would be in conflict with the CSA comp.
True no one will pick Gayle he has had it,plus all the problems he brings,Somerset has not renewed his contract.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I read November yes. The article didn't specify a starting date but it mentioned December 16 as a final date since it is a public holiday in the country.

The tournament could play some pros into form. It might even give some Aussies who don't play Shield Cricket a chance to play too.

brockley

International Captain
Yeh true.
Will dan Cristian be the allrounder for VIcs next year or will Ian Holland break through,or will they play James Pattinson at 7 instead.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Christian will end up with a contract, even if for security's sake.

Holland has an English passport and might be trying to make a go of it over in England this season down Hampshire way. Reckon Gulbis will get a Vic contract too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I mentioned this as soon as Stoinis to WA was announced - who makes your top 6 WA at full strength in Shield Cricket (can mention Ryobi too if you like) .

Mine:

Shield : 1. Bancroft 2. S Marsh 3. Stoinis 4. Cartwright 5. Turner 6. M Marsh
OD: 1.S Marsh 2. Klinger 3. Stoinis 4. M Marsh 5. Wells 6. Cartwright - Turner at 7 in OD, keeper and 3 bowlers rounding out the XI is enough bowling. I'm not really convinced by this OD order so I'm curious to see what others think

Last edited: