• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2017

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sticky the thread mods.

Pune's new jersey:

Rahane and Smith seem to be on good terms. Stokes is already in India?

Shri

Mr. Glass
I hope Ashwin isn't picked in the CT squad because we need him for tests and T20s more than ODIs. Kuldeep, Mishra and Jaddu should be more than enough.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I normally don't follow IPL but with Rabada and Cummins in that Delhi side I'm going to have to get on board.

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
I'm trying to figure out what franchise T20 leagues are high enough standard to be considered international quality.

Right now I consider IPL, BBL and CPL. I know IPL is highest standard but those other two also have a decent batch of international players + locals are generally good at T20.

Is BPL or EPL or any other league in the same tier or no?

Last edited:

Kirkut

International Regular
I like T20 cricket and IPL. The only thing I'm against is the brutal calendar, players should be given at least a month's rest before the IPL begins.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd find the IPL very enjoyable if it was half as long. What is it something like 65 matches? Ridiculous.
I watch IPL mainly for fantasy. We pool in money and the fantasy winner gets the money. At the fag end, if we are at 3rd or 4th, even 65 matches doesn`t seem enough.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like T20 cricket and IPL. The only thing I'm against is the brutal calendar, players should be given at least a month's rest before the IPL begins.
And at this time of the year (aka start of summer) there's no chance in hell I'd even attend a match, let alone play.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I watch IPL mainly for fantasy. We pool in money and the fantasy winner gets the money. At the fag end, if we are at 3rd or 4th, even 65 matches doesn`t seem enough.
The 2nd and 3rd placed should get some money too. Always seems better that way to me. Ran a pool for the 2nd IPL. Was fun, admittedly. But only because we did it the opposite way around. The worse your player did, the more points you got. Penalty for picking players who didn't get picked as well.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I normally don't follow IPL but with Rabada and Cummins in that Delhi side I'm going to have to get on board.
Not sure if both will bowl together though. Shami and Zaheer will start and there will be 2 spinners. So, there is place for only one of them in the side.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The 2nd and 3rd placed should get some money too. Always seems better that way to me. Ran a pool for the 2nd IPL. Was fun, admittedly. But only because we did it the opposite way around. The worse your player did, the more points you got. Penalty for picking players who didn't get picked as well.
Yes, we give it to the top 3 as 50:35:15