• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2017

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I saw about a 90 second highlights reel which covered both innings so I really can't comment. I gather he went too slow by some accounts, by others he went about it the right way but didn't get much of a hand.

Looks like Johnson got the job done at the end for Mumbai.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He played well in the second half and got them out of jail but the first half of his innings is basically what put his team in the jail in the first place.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The most ludicrous thing to me always is watching teams pace their chase so as to get to even small totals in the 19th over or so. It was 130. Should have been going about getting there in 15 overs.

TheJediBrah

Saw the highlights last night. Looked a crazy game of cricket. Reckon he needed no more than a metre either side of where he hit the last ball to get the win. He absolutely smoked it. Couldn't have picked out the bloke better if he'd tried.
Exactly what I was thinking. That was an incredible shot in every sense except that it went straight to the fielder who somehow managed to hold on to the catch despite completely ****ing it up.

Goes to show how small margins can decide such things in cricket. That goes for 6 and it's game over.
The most ludicrous thing to me always is watching teams pace their chase so as to get to even small totals in the 19th over or so. It was 130. Should have been going about getting there in 15 overs.
This is how I always feel but then you can see the other point of view, that it would be silly to take unnecessary risks

But in this case I don't get it, they had so many wickets in hand that surely they could have gone harder, earlier

Burner

International Regular
It was a terrible innings. He played as though they were always going to cruise home. Always kept the opposition in the game. If someone played an aggressive hand, the game is basically over, Mumbai would have been dead halfway through the game but instead they were kept in it throughout. It was not even that bad a pitch, I would say it was a 160 par score pitch that Mumbai totally bottled what it being a final and all.

I think the biggest mistake they made is thinking that they can blast Mumbai out of it in the last five overs. Very difficult to do that when Malinga and Bumrah is on song with those yorkers.

Daemon

Yes, that's clearly damning evidence. Start sharing it on Facebook and forward it to all your WhatsApp groups immediately.