• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marshall Vs Ambrose

Who was the superior fast bowler in test cricket?

• Malcolm Marshall

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Curtly Ambrose

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Can't split them

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
From what I know and have seen of Marshall, he simply does not have a blemish on his record..he was just on another level , even when you consider the rest of the WI bowlers he played with. Having said that, for me, there really is no greater sight than seeing big Curtly go mental when he's on the rampage. He was one of the those guys who could just tear apart an innings once he got a sniff. It really was scary. And he was so miserly too.

I will vote for Marshall because I believe he is the greatest quick of all time. But Curtly ain't too far behind by any stretch.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
And that's why he was the first fast bowler to have over 500 test wickets?
Being the first bowler to get 500 wickets doesn't mean that Walsh was as good as Ambrose or Marshall.

Walsh was an incredible bowler, and was very durable, but his wicket tally doesn't make him a better bowler at all.