• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Away Track Bullies

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Apparently struggled vs the pace of the WI from that era I think.
I'm pretty sure he was reported to have said he's happy that Aus never retaliated Bodyline at them ..maybe he was worried and I think there are even a some quotes from Les Ames saying that the West Indian quicks really troubled Hammond when they bowled short at him..

the big bambino

International Captain
Wasn't Hammond a bit of a minnow basher? I have no idea obviously but i'm certain i've heard something like that somewhere.
Pretty much bashed everyone though Slifer is right to say he struggled against the WI. I think that was down to the fact that he had difficulty with Constantine in particular rather than the team generally.

Shady Slim

International Coach
yeah look i knew he was bad so that's why when i saw the thread i statsguru'd him straight away but what the dicks man that's way worse than i expected
thought maybe a 35-45 at worst