• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mediocrity Draft

Shady Slim

International Coach
this is not a draft where you draft the worst team you can, it is a draft where you draft the most bog average mediocre "eh" team that you can

not bad enough to be offensive, just "eh"

so like

who's in

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, Nuffers ran something similar and then took forever to let us know who he thought was the 6th best team. So as long as you promise to get this done within some reasonable time frame, I am in. And you gotta clarify what we are playing for here. Exact middle of the table. In which case we will need an odd number of participants.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Well, Nuffers ran something similar and then took forever to let us know who he thought was the 6th best team. So as long as you promise to get this done within some reasonable time frame, I am in. And you gotta clarify what we are playing for here. Exact middle of the table. In which case we will need an odd number of participants.
i thought that we'd vote on the most average team but voting on the best team and picking the middle one works so much better

i'd put it to vote though i wouldn't decide it myself which would streamline it - my mistake to noof that i didn't realise he'd run a similar one so thanks for the heads up (search function is for dickheads and people who respect general internet etiquette)

Teuton

International Captain
I'll have a go.
But l will second the call to define exactly how they will be assessed. Worst and most average are quite different.

Shady Slim

International Coach
most average as i said in the OP

"eh"

i am a fan of the idea of drafting the most average teams, voting for the best and awarding the win to the team with the median vote count.

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
Ah yeah I see. Missed the 'not' on first read. Will be a heavily tactical battle which makes an interesting draft

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
You can't ask people which team is the best because a team everyone agrees is middling would then get no votes. Just ask people to put the teams in order.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i feel these less competitive drafts usually become stagnant because the novelty wears off and theres little desire to finish them... however its been a while since once so i'm in

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, the word mediocre is important. You dont want to select a team of spuds, so the balancing act is fun as long as Shady can keep showing up every day and keep things rolling. Nuffers got busy after a while last time and I think that had more of an impact than the draft idea itself in it becoming a bit of a drag.