• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

domestic movements!

brockley

International Captain
Have heard mark cosgrove is about to sign a 3 year contract with the new south wales blues.
Paul wilson retired and wa chasing 2 speedsters,the list they are looking at is mckenzie and macgoffin qld,cameron nsw,innes vic and griffith tassie,they would join speedsters ben edmonsen who joied wa mid season from qld and michael clark to head the wa attack.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
I hope the rumours about Cosgrove are not true....South Australia cannot let a young talent like this go. The batting is brittle enough as it is....

Andre

International Regular
The WA pace chase was fairly predictable - their attack was woeful.

Interested on where you got your juice on Cosgrove from though.... Hadn't heard that one myself.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
With the Waugh Twins retiring and Slater with an unknown future there are certainly some spots open in the NSW batting lineup. Tassie are also on the outlook for some quality batsmen and spinners.

SA with Tait, Cleary and Rofe have the most promising pace attack in the country but are a batsman or two short. Depends if Andy Flower will fire this season. WA need to rebuild their whole pace attack, basing it on Edmondson. Got some good young spinners though.

Qld and Vic will remain pretty much unchanged - just giving their young talent more opportunities.

The coming season will probably see more young faces in the state ranks than in the past couple of seasons. It certainly started this year but will accelerate.

State loyalty in the past has been a big thing. It will be interesting to see that players treat themselves more like commodities and test the open market.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
brockley said:
Have heard mark cosgrove is about to sign a 3 year contract with the new south wales blues.
Paul wilson retired and wa chasing 2 speedsters,the list they are looking at is mckenzie and macgoffin qld,cameron nsw,innes vic and griffith tassie,they would join speedsters ben edmonsen who joied wa mid season from qld and michael clark to head the wa attack.
That's if Clark doesnt get injured again. Poor bloke.

As for Mark Cosgrove and the state loyalty thing, where was he born?
It seems a bit crazy to let HIM go, especially as SA have been so so close to winning so many games, they need as much batting power as possible. Like others said, their bowling is stockpiled with talent, all the team needs is a bit more experience and I reckon they are good to go for next season.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
mavric41 said:
With the Waugh Twins retiring and Slater with an unknown future there are certainly some spots open in the NSW batting lineup. Tassie are also on the outlook for some quality batsmen and spinners.

NSW - Clarke will be around more next season (in theory), and Slater didn't really play this year. hopefully a few youngsters will get a go.

Haddin will have to bat (not to mention keep) alot better or he will surley not last long.

Thornley and Obrien topped the NSW 2nd XI batting last season and will sureeley both get more games next season.

brockley

International Captain
Have read it on another forum!
Also shane watson is undecided about next year a lot will depend on how homesick he gets.
Tassie has doherty so don't understand why they are looking for another spinner,they can always sign davo he constantly moves from state to state.They have 6 good batters tho but i guess if watson heads north they may need a replacement for him.
Bollinger was injured most the season,don't think he played.

Craig

World Traveller
Well with Darren Berry retired, Victoria will at this stage I guess will swap between Roach and Crosswhaite to see who will become the Victorian number 1.

If not I guess Crosswhaite will get the nod because of his age.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
brockley said:
I (like many here) have not heard anything in regards to Cosgrove moving to NSW.

Though it would be a suprise to me if he did move to NSW.

Andre

International Regular
Craig said:
Well with Darren Berry retired, Victoria will at this stage I guess will swap between Roach and Crosswhaite to see who will become the Victorian number 1.

If not I guess Crosswhaite will get the nod because of his age.
Watch out for a possible Ryan Campbell move to Victoria.

RE: Bird. Not going to get a game until he sorts his action out...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If I were a betting man (and I am) I would be putting big money on a move by Shane Watson from the Tigers to the Bulls...

P.S. If W.A. want Magoffin - they can have him!

brockley

International Captain
Nah the campbell rumour got knocked on the head by the vca they aren't interested in campbell,i think campbell was just stiring the pot too see if he could get a good deal.
The cosgove rumour i heard on another forum can't confirm if it is true or not,nor the source.I know from somewhere else i read that the blues are on the lookout for batsmen to replace the 2 waughs.
Haven't seen bird play with nicholsen there now see it hard for him 2 break in especially since nash ain't getting a game.
BTW have heard magoffin is very quick doubt the bulls would like to lose him,they seem to like to hang onto their bowling talent.