• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rashid Khan appreciation thread

who is better

• Rashid Khan

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Shane Warne

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Steve Tikolo

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** even the age thing has been discussed thoroughly

This is what happens when I try to contribute something worthwhile

Daemon

His age is clearly false. Still better than the farce that is Waqas Khan playing U19 cricket.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Everyone in Afghanistan clearly lost around 6 years of their lives after 2001, so 18 sounds about right.

Starfighter

Speaking of people lying about their age, I'm quite amused by Aaqib Javed's supposed age at various points during his career.
He 'supposedly' made his first class debut at age twelve in 84/85 (as a fast bowler!), made his test debut at sixteen, played his last test at 26, and retired from all forms in 02/03 at age 30.

I don't think so...

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I still have a hard time believing Waqar and Sachin were almost the same age when they both made their debuts in the same series.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Speaking of people lying about their age, I'm quite amused by Aaqib Javed's supposed age at various points during his career.
He 'supposedly' made his first class debut at age twelve in 84/85 (as a fast bowler!), made his test debut at sixteen, played his last test at 26, and retired from all forms in 02/03 at age 30.

I don't think so...
I wonder if Misbah Ul-Haq is actually younger than he says he is, for similar reasons.

grecian

the fact is that people from that region do tend to look older, who the **** knows, who the **** cares. In the end, 18 or not, he's done remarkably well in every respects for the little proper cricket he's played.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Issue is when "youngest to" kinda records are being set by these folks. And then retrospectively people start posting like "if he had carried on till 35 like other cricketers"... :laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
I think most Pashtoons develop mature face and build much earlier then most. I remember people had a hard time believing Afridi being a teenager when he first came on the scene however he played for 20 years and by the time he retired he looked very much like how a mid 30's should look .

SillyCowCorner1

The best leggie in the world (Imran Tahir who?). This kid is freaking fearless. Has a googly that spins and grips better than a traditional offie

Nicolas Tector

Cricket Spectator
Rashid Khan must improve his other bowling capabilities besides Googly.

Still enuff to beat ireland :wacko: but not other top level cricket nations.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Rashid Khan must improve his other bowling capabilities besides Googly.

Still enuff to beat ireland :wacko: but not other top level cricket nations.
if his legbreak spun too much he wouldn't be able to bowl such a stump-to-stump line which is exactly what makes him a threat.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
if his legbreak spun too much he wouldn't be able to bowl such a stump-to-stump line which is exactly what makes him a threat.

Exactly. And the very reason why a Narine or a Mendis got more out of their doosras than Murali did. If your stock ball turns a long way, when you bowl one that goes the other way, its never a huge surprise anymore as you will realisticallly have to alter the line enormously to make it viable.