• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in West Indies 2017

Burner

International Regular
Good approach by Windies. Making sure they get to lunch without losing many wickets...

Burner

International Regular
Best time to attack is also just before lunch when bowlers are tired. Good thinking.

Niall

International Coach
Aamir quite wayward. How has he bowled off late?
Trash, people make excuses for him, "lack of luck" etc, but he does not take wickets despite supposedly beating the bat a million times a game!

It's going to be a long road for his come back.

Burner

International Regular
I'll be willing to bet my left nut that Mohammed gets them close before he gets out and they lose.

Niall

International Coach
Oh Jesus, you need wickets and you bring on Amir:laugh:

Go on, beat the bat, beat as you have never beat it:mellow:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think there's anything to celebrate really. This approach will not take West Indies cricket anywhere. If they have this approach to ODI batting they'll win less than 20% of the matches against top 8 sides. Block-block-block-bang-bang approach wins way less matches than rotate-rotate-rotate-rotate-bang approach.

Burner

International Regular
Got to give it to them. They had no plan, no method, absolute worst way to chase a 300+ score but in the end they've still done it.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I don't think there's anything to celebrate really. This approach will not take West Indies cricket anywhere. If they have this approach to ODI batting they'll win less than 20% of the matches against top 8 sides. Block-block-block-bang-bang approach wins way less matches than rotate-rotate-rotate-rotate-bang approach.
This is a rebuilding phase for our ODI team. Especially with Darren Bravo and Narine missing from the team aswell. The approach we took today was spot on imo. Get your eye in and build that great thing called partnerships/ we did that throughout the early to middle part of the innings and then pushed on and was very aggressive towards the end, winning the game with an over to spare. I also noticed that the there was much better running between the wickets today too. At the end of the day we need wins, and this was a very impressive victory today and great reward for the hard work Stuart Law and Toby Radford has been putting them through.

Anyway some ratings

Walton= Not totally convinced about his position in the side tbh. Got in due to some good performances in our one day competition and a ton against England in a recent warm up game. Needs to step up next game
Lewis= Another encouraging knock from the young man. His calmness at the crease really helped to drive the innings forward imo
Powell= His best innings since his return to international cricket. Really struck the ball well and built a crucial partnership with Lewis
Hope= He was aggressive when he first came in and that helped us drive up the run rate. Will need to be more careful against Shabab in their future encounters
Mohammed= The guy has just transformed himself overnight and we're finally seeing his class on the international stage...BRILLIANT. Also bowled well too
Carter= Didn't light up the place but his little partnership with Jo Mo was vital
Holder= Bowled well I thought and batted ok
Nurse= What more could we ask for? Took a 4fer and blazed us to victory at the end...massive talent this lad is
Joseph= The lad controled things very well in his second spell I thought...hopefully wickets will follow
Bishoo= Done ok
Gabriel= Not his best game with the ball but he's just come back from injury so hopefully he'll be better in the next few games

All in all i'm very proud of the lads today. No doubt Pakistan will come at us strongly in the next game so I just hope they put this win to bed and focus on winning the next one. The important thing is we've improved since the England series and long may that continue.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Got to give it to them. They had no plan, no method, absolute worst way to chase a 300+ score but in the end they've still done it.
So creating partnerships, accumulating runs slowly but in a risk-free way while keeping wickets in hand. And then exploding at the end and winning the game with an over to spare is having "no plan and no method"? :blink:

Goodness me!!... :laugh:

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
WindieWeathers, if Walton were to be replaced, who would you replace him with? (besides Darren Bravo and the IPL "stars")

Burner

International Regular
So creating partnerships, accumulating runs slowly but in a risk-free way while keeping wickets in hand. And then exploding at the end and winning the game with an over to spare is having "no plan and no method"? :blink:

Goodness me!!... :laugh:
Bud, you had all of your top 4 playing at a strike rate of 70 chasing 309, all getting out before said 'exploding'. In the end it took a freak innings from your number 5 to win it. If you call that a plan, good luck winning more games with the same method.

They had to score 128 runs in the last 13 overs ffs.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
WindieWeathers, if Walton were to be replaced, who would you replace him with? (besides Darren Bravo and the IPL "stars")
Not sure. Could Put Powell back up top and then perhaps pick Sunil Ambris for the middle order who has been in brilliant form. Also could pick Kyle Hope (Shai Hope's big brother) to open and he's also been in good form for both Trinidad and the A-team. Lastly we could turn back to Johnson Charles who does have a ton against Australia to his name :D .

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Bud, you had all of your top 4 playing at a strike rate of 70 chasing 309, all getting out before said 'exploding'. In the end it took a freak innings from your number 5 to win it. If you call that a plan, good luck winning more games with the same method.

They had to score 128 runs in the last 13 overs ffs.
Jo Mo scored two 50s in three games against England the other day, so I'm not sure that innings was a "freak" tbh. Just a continuation of the redhot form he's been in. Yes, we were slow, and picking up more singles will clearly be on the agenda as we move forward. But let's remember Kraigg Brathwaite has been in the one day side recently. The coaches want the guys to buld partnerships and keep wickets in hand so we at least give ourselves a chance of victory even if we have to play catch-up in the end. Right now it's about substance, not style. We simply need to get those points on the board so we can qualify for the world cup. Winning breeds confidence so hopefully we'll see less dots in the next few games.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Jo Mo scored two 50s in three games against England the other day, so I'm not sure that innings was a "freak" tbh. Just a continuation of the redhot form he's been in. Yes, we were slow, and picking up more singles will clearly be on the agenda as we move forward. But let's remember Kraigg Brathwaite has been in the one day side recently. The coaches want the guys to buld partnerships and keep wickets in hand so we at least give ourselves a chance of victory even if we have to play catch-up in the end. Right now it's about substance, not style. We simply need to get those points on the board so we can qualify for the world cup. Winning breeds confidence so hopefully we'll see less dots in the next few games.
Jo Mo has to make his Test debut in the next Windies Test, right? I know his first class record isn't flash but he passes the eye Test. One thing I was surprised you said was that you thought he bowled well, I thought he was quite ordinary and had no place bowling in the first 10 overs of an ODI. Great win and agree with all other player comments you made.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good win by West Indies. Jason Mohammed took that game away from Pakistan.
Highest successful chase by West Indies.