• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in West Indies 2017

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Kid from what I seen in the PSL looked very good, to be fair his domestic numbers also pretty ***y.

Its probably way to early for this, but looking at the test side, they need an all rounder, don't see Wasim doing the business in that format, they don't rate Nawaz, they could do worse than having a look at Khan in the test series v West Indies. They need an all rounder.
Is this another - "he's sixteen but looks like he's a father of 3 with some midlife crisis going on" kid?

tbf he does buck the trend and actually looks young

Here are his PSL wickets

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good win for Pakistan. Not bad beating the World Champions twice in their backyard. Seems like these are fairly dire pitches for T20 cricket though, even though the occasional low-scoring T20 can be fun to watch.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kid from what I seen in the PSL looked very good, to be fair his domestic numbers also pretty ***y.

Its probably way to early for this, but looking at the test side, they need an all rounder, don't see Wasim doing the business in that format, they don't rate Nawaz, they could do worse than having a look at Khan in the test series v West Indies. They need an all rounder.
Seems to have a bit of the Ajantha Mendis-style effectiveness. Not in his bowling technique but in that he's a bit different and the batsmen struggle to pick him.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I have been meaning to write about Babar Azam's batting for a while now. Babar is a technically correct batsman who follows the textbook and coaching manuals and loves to play in the V - long on and long off. He gets behind the line of the fall and plays crisp and glorious drives and is very impressive. In a country where 'technique' and 'look' of a batsman is given so much importance in the analysis and assessment of players, I can see why Babar is the golden boy.

But there is a difference between following coaching manual and becoming a successful run scoring top order batsman at international level. Since Babar relies heavily on the V region, he has very few scoring shots and only waits for the deliveries that are driving length. I saw him get stuck in Australia over and over again. He would play these delightful drives straight to Mid Off and Mid On and for a sum total of zero runs.

He is unable to manoeuvre the ball square of the wicket on either side. He is unable to dab or punch the ball through the gaps on the off side or play of the hips or flicks or sweep shots on the leg side. He doesn't naturally go on the back foot and play the cuts through point or behind point, something Asad Shafiq is so good at and used to great effect against Starc in the 1st test.

Even when he plays through the off side, they are on the front foot through the covers. He loves to drive. He hardly has any back foot shots and is unable to play behind Point or steer the ball towards Third Man region.

This is the primary reason why Babar has such a high dot ball percentage and is unable to get the scoreboard moving fast. If he is to become a successful and prolific run scorer, he will need to work on developing a wider range of scoring shots and look to score both sides of the wicket to make it difficult for the opposition to set fields. Right now he doesn't have that. In PSL played under Sanga and I hope he went to the Master to learn because Sanga developed and expanded his game constantly to produce more and more scoring shots. But he needs to realize his own problems first before he can do that and I am not sure he has?

Unless Babar develops these things, he will just play pretty drives but unable to become a consistently high run scorer.

Burner

International Regular
tbf to him he strikes at 90 in ODIs and that's very good. His century against Aus was ridiculously bad though. Never played the situation and looked like he was in his own bubble. In t20s he's terrible because he always gets out playing a run-a-ball innings. That's not good enough. It might be acceptable if he played a run-a-ball innings like 25(25) if he had the ability to go big once he's set but he doesn't. Most of his recent innnings I've seen are run-a-ball 30s and he gets out when he tries to accelerate.

Burner

International Regular
In ODIs I wouldn't change anything though. He's Pakistan's best batsman and he can be the anchor with others playing around him.

smash84

The Tiger King
Seems to have a bit of the Ajantha Mendis-style effectiveness. Not in his bowling technique but in that he's a bit different and the batsmen struggle to pick him.
Was just thinking the same thing from the looks of that video.

Thanks for the posting guys, at least now I know who he is :p

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Finally something to cheer. That was a much more proffesional performance in the field and Evin Lewis didn't run himself out for once.

Hopefully they can carry on from this and gain some momentum. They had been playing so unbelievably poorly.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Finally something to cheer. That was a much more proffesional performance in the field and Evin Lewis didn't run himself out for once.

Hopefully they can carry on from this and gain some momentum. They had been playing so unbelievably poorly.
Tbf we should have won the second game. Fielding mistakes and silly shot options proved too much to overcome but today we were clinical and it was heartening to see the boys finally put up a good performance with the bat. By the time the next t20 world cup comes along we will most likely have Dwayne and Darren Bravo, Pooran and Russell in the mix, so things are looking up if these guys can start winning before then.

Ratings

Walton= Not sold on him
Lewis= Pure class from the kid
Samuels= Silly shot to give it away but his bowling made a big difference imo
Mohammed= In the form of his life right now

Badree= Just class as usual
Narine= Not at his best but played his part
Williams= Impressed with how economical he is. Hope he can start taking more wickets now
Brathwaite= Starting to bowl very well now
Holder= Imo he shouldn't be bowling four overs as he's too expensive

Law getting his first win is also great as he needed that to really gain the confidence of the players. We've seen the team compete with both England and now Pakistan and they haven't gotten any luck but today all the hard work he's apparently putting them through is starting to bare fruit and long may it continue.

anil1405

International Captain
WI batsmen need a reminder that test series begins in few weeks from now. Pathetic batting by T20 standards in the last 5-6 overs.

smash84

The Tiger King
WI were doing well when I last checked, Were 50 without too many lost in 7 overs. WTF happened

smash84

The Tiger King
Pak batting is so bad, I can't understand why even after 2 seasons of PSL we don't have any batsmen who can make runs at a fair clip. We still have all our batsmen scoring at a run a ball like they're playing T20 in the 1980s