• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in West Indies 2017

WindieWeathers

International Regular
That Samuels decision really was vital at the time because we all know Samuels is decent against spin and would have been handy to have around at that point of the innings. Even on first viewing, I knew it was going down leg and after seeing the replay I was fuming. But that umpire is tytpical of some of the newer umpires in the Caribbean, just shocking. I understand that this is a new team they are trying to rebuild but still from the world cup winning side Gayle, Charles, Russell, Dwayne Bravo and Ramdin are not there. Hell you could even add Sammy into that picture too. I wonder how they would have dealt with Pakistan's basic "spin" tactics? I'm sure they would have had better answers.

I think I'd bring in Mohammed for Williams in the next game so we can strengthen the batting up top and also provide another spin option. Let's hit Pakistan with a load of spin too and see how they like it. Because the current tactics aren't working.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Always seems to bat at least two positions too low. But Narine that high up the order is a terrible call.
I've got the sense a few times lately that Narine is actually a much more talented batsman than we've been led to believe. He randomly batted up the order a couple of times in the BBL for surprising effect -- actually looked pretty competent too.

Definitely shouldn't be above Holder unless he's going to open or something though, so fair call anyway.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've got the sense a few times lately that Narine is actually a much more talented batsman than we've been led to believe. He randomly batted up the order a couple of times in the BBL for surprising effect -- actually looked pretty competent too.

Definitely shouldn't be above Holder unless he's going to open or something though, so fair call anyway.
I actually think Narine is a better T20 bat than Holder. He's only got one gear though, but it's T20 so wtv.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Boxer: Can we get this thread sticky please?

CW Mods: Didn't we make your previous thread sticky before the last match of the series ended?

Boxer: But some threads get made sticky well in advance.

CW Mods: It's for the betterment and greater good of the forum.

Boxer: I will work harder. Thank you master for giving me this opportunity to feel one tenth as important as the bigger team fanbases. I will work harder.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did Kamran seriously drop a catch during Shadab's spell? Couldn't make this **** up :laugh:

anil1405

International Captain
Akmal gets out trying to poke at a ball with no feet movement. Wonder if that's more worse or the fact that this thread hasn't been pinned yet.

Burner

International Regular
Babar Azam really hasn't figured out t20 batting, has he? Has to develop a power game.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just checked out the scorecard. Why does the Pak team look like it's from 2012 again?

anil1405

International Captain
Thats some start to his international career for Shadab Khan. Seven wickets in two games.

Gotta love this mini-influx of quality leggies in Tahir, Rashid Khan and now Shadab.

Niall

International Coach
Those who watched PSL might have more to say about him. Apparently he impressed the selectors in recently concluded PSL.
Kid from what I seen in the PSL looked very good, to be fair his domestic numbers also pretty ***y.

Its probably way to early for this, but looking at the test side, they need an all rounder, don't see Wasim doing the business in that format, they don't rate Nawaz, they could do worse than having a look at Khan in the test series v West Indies. They need an all rounder.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
2 matches which happen to be his first 2 international matches - 2 Man of the Match Awards - Shadab Superstar Khan. That's who he is.