• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in West Indies 2017

Stapel

International Regular
What kind of target would set things 50-50? I guess closer to 250 than to 200, bur surely not more than 250?

I like to see this series going somewhere, so I'll keep up hope that the Windies will stretch the lead to 200+.

Burner

International Regular
After having a lead of 150 and 6 wickets in the shed, this is a massively disappointing effort from Windies. They've shown a lot of fight to get to that position but then totally **** the bed with just an hour left in the day. They could have completely erased defeat from the equation but now it looks like defeat is favourite.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I would have taken this score with both hands at the start of the day. I thought Shai Hope was outstanding in very difficult conditions. He has a lovely technique. Reminds me of Sarwan.

Slightly exasperated by the last hour as I honestly think 225 would be a winning target and it was within reach. Oh well, even if we get bowled out with the first delivery tomorrow we've got a fighting chance of winning the test so we've seen some progress.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Great comeback from Yasir in the end .Goodness some of the catches YK has taken in this series. Unbelievable stuff. Greatest slip fielder from Pakistan ever.

WI can stretch this to 200 now, but even 180+ is a tricky target on Day 5 against a pretty good leg spinner. And Holder and Gabriel are troubling Pakistan too

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah Bishoo was very threatening even in the first inning. It won't be an easy chase.

In 92 (Ambrose) and 97 (Bishop and Kuruvilla earlier for India) did the most damage. So watch out for Gabriel as well. He has the perfect bowling type to extract wickets on this day 5 wicket.

Last edited:

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
From someone in Australia working full-time, this Test has been almost impossible to follow with the timezone issue and being almost entirely played on weekdays. Which has been frustrating as it’s been a really good Test. Actually, the 5 Tests WI/Pakistan have played in recent times have generally been good contests.

As for the Test itself, Pakistan must surely be regretting not sticking with Wahab Riaz. The middle of today was made for him putting in an intense spell and getting a key breakthrough.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah cricket in West Indies is a very bad time for the rest of the Cricketing world. Pakistan v West Indies have produced some riveting test matches, even the 2011 and 2005 series was quite interesting.

Totally agreed about the Wahab selection. Already ranted about this on Day 1. Shadab with 4 FC games behind him is just not ready for test cricket. He just hasn't bowled enough overs as a spinner to even figure out what he is good at, what he wants to do, how to pick up wickets.

Pakistan think tank and management don't really understand the difference between the formats but this is where Mickey Arthur as a foreign coach is so disappointing. These are things he should have challenged and fixed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah cricket in West Indies is a very bad time for the rest of the Cricketing world. Pakistan v West Indies have produced some riveting test matches, even the 2011 and 2005 series was quite interesting.

Totally agreed about the Wahab selection. Already ranted about this on Day 1. Shadab with 4 FC games behind him is just not ready for test cricket. He just hasn't bowled enough overs as a spinner to even figure out what he is good at, what he wants to do, how to pick up wickets.

Pakistan think tank and management don't really understand the difference between the formats but this is where Mickey Arthur as a foreign coach is so disappointing. These are things he should have challenged and fixed.
Yeah gun post all round.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Can't help but think we've blown it in that last session. A 250 lead seemed very possible when Hope and Singh were batting together but their leggy once again had different ideas. IF this last wicket stand can get us near or above the 200 mark then I guess we'll be in with a chance. But Bishoo and Chase are gonna have to turn up here otherwise the game is already over. Happy to see Hope finally arrive at test level. He's got so much talent and we needed to see that from the young man. We might lose this battle, but ultimatelty us giving this young team experience now can only serve us well moving forward. I really wonder what Pakistan will look like after this season when Khan and Ul-haq call it a day? Because in all honesty, those two are really the major difference between these two teams right now because we simply cannot match their experience in that middle order. But while we'll be able to improve our batting order when/If Bravo finally stops sulking and comes back, who's waiting in the wings for Pakistan? It's gonna be interesting to see. Would like to see Joseph come to the party when we bowl too. When that kid gets on a roll he's got the ability to really do a lot of damage.

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
The worrying thing for Windies would be that none of the wickets that fell after the Hope-Singh stand were due to the wicket becoming unplayable. Hope who started the collapse had the softest of dismissals of the lot. All of them were completely avoidable. Wicket still looks good to bat and Pakistan has the best batting line-up against Spin. It's an uphill climb for Windies from here.

Shady Slim

International Coach
current windies have turned from lazy ne'er do wells to plucky underdogs under holder and i respect that a lot, especially with the young players they are bringing through who seem to enjoy test cricket like roston "the man the myth the legend" chase

while it is a far cry from absolutely fisting everyone like they did thirty to forty years ago it's better than that time they picked andre russell

Stapel

International Regular
The worrying thing for Windies would be that none of the wickets that fell after the Hope-Singh stand were due to the wicket becoming unplayable. Hope who started the collapse had the softest of dismissals of the lot. All of them were completely avoidable. Wicket still looks good to bat and Pakistan has the best batting line-up against Spin. It's an uphill climb for Windies from here.
Windies picking up two quick wickets! Fair to say neither of them was due to an unplayable delivery.......