• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in West Indies 2017

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah well i think you're doing some wishful thinking with Bravo seems he aint coming back

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Really pleased with our position considering how badly we started the day and the fact that the pitch is turning and bouncing considerably. If we can sneak up to 350 it's definitely game on. Big if though!

I must say Pakistan's bowling can be scarily good sometimes. Amir has been so impressive, it feels like he could get a wicket every over. The leg spinners had a shocker today though IMO. With a pitch behaving like that on Day 1, an inexperienced batting line up and the opposition 3 wickets down, they should have done a lot better. I thought they both bowled badly.

For us, Chase was obviously outstanding. He looked every inch a world class cricketer. I love the languid way he drives the ball. Jason Holder looked very solid too amend Dowrich looked dangerous before recieving one of the few perfectly pitched leg breaks of the day. I thought Hetmeyer's shot was rash but he is young and it's far too early to pass judgement on himself and Singh. Shai Hope got one of the otehr pitched leg breaks, but he really does need to make good on his obvious promise soon.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's play and I wasn't sure I would be saying that at tea!

mr_mister

yeah, I love watching Holder bat. It's good how consistent he is becoming

he's joining the long line of west indies players who start as bowling all-rounders and then eventually become far more interesting to watch bat (Sammy, Russell, Pollard, Carlos Braithwaite)

its an odd phenomenon

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah, I love watching Holder bat. It's good how consistent he is becoming

he's joining the long line of west indies players who start as bowling all-rounders and then eventually become far more interesting to watch bat (Sammy, Russell, Pollard, Carlos Braithwaite)

its an odd phenomenon
Holder was originally hyped as the new Curtly Ambrose :laugh:

Safe to say his career progression isn't that of Big Curtly.....

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I must say Pakistan's bowling can be scarily good sometimes. Amir has been so impressive, it feels like he could get a wicket every over. The leg spinners had a shocker today though IMO. With a pitch behaving like that on Day 1, an inexperienced batting line up and the opposition 3 wickets down, they should have done a lot better. I thought they both bowled badly.
Very poor decision to play two leggies, one of them a debutant with 4 FC games behind him in a 4 man attack.

Yasir always struggles on Day 1. He is a Day3 onwards bowler. Either Wahab or Hassan should have been the third bowler

vcs

It was about time Wahab got dropped though. He hasn't taken a decent haul in a long time, and he lacks control and accuracy, too.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Was probably the best seamer in Australia.
Played only 1 test in New Zealand
5 wicket haul in his last test in UAE

Gnske

Yeah Wahab did a good impersonation of the captain of the Hindenburg on that Australian tour.

vcs

Even when he bowls well, he often doesn't take that many wickets.

stumpski

International Captain
312, but I don't think there's any doubt they'd have grabbed that with both hands at 107-6. Something to bowl with at least.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Awful bowling and uninspiring batting so far. Also, where the heck is Bishoo? He's our main weapon in these conditions and Holder hasn't bowled him yet.

stumpski

International Captain
Just 22 runs from the 14 overs after lunch, but Azhar Ali and Shehzad are starting to pick up the pace now. Shehzad took almost 100 balls to get out of the teens, and even then survived an lbw decision from Gabriel, when the bowler was shown to have overstepped; though, given that he'd transgressed several times, presumably the umpires would have checked in any case.

SillyCowCorner1

Well, WI came back in the last seesion. But pakistan have chipped away good at the score...Just 140 behind with 7 wickets remaining.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So impressed with Abbas. I was concerned yesterday about a 4 man attack having a debutant and a guy playing his second test. Well guess what..the guy in his second test stepped up. Excellent discipline and can be the ideal new ball partner for Amir, keeping it tight moving the new ball in both directions.

Shehzad's knock was horrific. Don't have any words for it.

Hope Azhar gets a big ton today

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
3 lives, batting at SR 36 and still couldn't get a 100. I know you like him Mr Mister and he did have a great start to his test career but hasn't been the same player since getting hit on the head after the Hughes incident and hasn't been the same player since. And that was 3 years ago. I think he's finished.