• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Average players who dominated great players

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I thought about this with Jeetan Patel owning QDK at the moment and making him his bunny.

What are some cases of standard international players dominating ATGs?

I thought of Stephen Fleming (admittedly a level above Jeets) dominating Murali. What are other examples?

RK_123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Elliot taking on Steyn in the most crucial moment of the World Cup semis.

Jadeja vs Waqar in WC quarter final.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
The career of Adam Dale springs to mind. He didn't necessarily dominate one player in particular (that I can think of), but he could dominate the game with the white ball on his day.

Hollies/Bradman is another. Dunno how Hollies fared on previous occasions against the Don, though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Cronje was a potentially great player and captain who succumbed to temptations and threats and vices. What a sad story. :(

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Navjot Sidhu dominating Warne and Murali
Harbhajan dominating Ponting
Dion Nash vs Tendulkar
Roshan Mahanama dominating Anil Kumble

Few I can think of.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I was going to say Wagner v KP, back when Wags was mediocre.. So I looked it up on stats guru.

Too small a sample size, dismissed him twice at an ave if 6. But then while looking at his averages v different bowlers - I remembered KPs travails v left arm spin. The theory doesn't really hold much water. He feasted on plenty of SLA (apart from Vettori and Shakib and Rehman who did well against him)

He averaged 227 v Doherty , 175 v Raina 75 v Herath, 68 v Ojha, 46 v P Harris, 59 v Benn, 39.5 v Jadeja

Plus Hinds and Yuvraj got him out once each cheaply.

So after all that, seeing as I'm here ....,, the most 'mediocre' player to dominate KP would be Keneria. Who got him 3 times at an ave of 7.

Last edited: