• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketArchive now a pay site?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
50 quid a year not to see the bloody Mona Lisa on every page is probably a good deal though

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Still accessible for free for NZ players via blackcaps website :cool: (hope they don't see this and shut it down).

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
They've left us with our dicks in our hands!

I was just using it yesterday, looking up an outground I intend to visit in the summer.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah assholes, had never really used it until the county draft, was looking forward to using it for FC stats.

S.Kennedy

Why has CricketArchive been placed behind a paywall?
CricketArchive is the world’s largest single-sport database and we are always seeking ways to improve the site and its user experience. As a result, we have taken the decision to put the site behind a paywall. This is being done for two core reasons: first removal of advertisements will speed up the site and allow the information to be even more easily found; and secondly, the advertising no longer covers the significant costs of maintaining and developing the site.
https://my.cricketarchive.com/faq

They understand ''Sky-speak''.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I love how they make it sound it`s all for your good to remove the advertising.... I`m all for earning morning from hard work, but don`t say its because you trying to help us out.

S.Kennedy

I love how they make it sound it`s all for your good to remove the advertising.... I`m all for earning morning from hard work, but don`t say its because you trying to help us out.
As I said, Sky-speak: ''we are committed to improving coverage of cricket and take our role as foremost provider of cricket in England seriously blah blah blah''.

SeamUp

International Coach
Stats are stats. Especially to one sport so I guess a small percentage only looked at the site anyway so it wont hurt them that less will look now. Frustrating but at the end of the day it makes better financial sense to them.