• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

10 Greatest fast bowlers of all time

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
10 who usually feature in my mind first when thinking about this

larwood
lillee
holding
marshall
hadlee
donald
ambrose
wasim
waqar
mcgrath

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Top 10 I've seen

Steyn
McGrath
Pollock
Anderson
Broad
Akhtar
Philander
Z Khan
Asif
Harris

**** that's pathetic

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rhino you fool

I knew I forgot someone... It was amazing as I always thought I had this top 10 fast bowlers I have seen worked out but when I am actually putting the names down I had to struggle to think after getting the top 7 in.

Burgey

Been fortunate to see some cracking fast bowlers live. In no particular order:

Lillee
Thomson
Ambrose
Marshall
Holding
Garner
Roberts
Croft
Hadlee
Bishop
Walsh
Wasim
Waqar
McGrath
Imran
McDermott
Hughes
Donald
Pollock
Lawson
Gillespie
Harris
Johnson

Not all of hem are great, but they've all provided some great entertainment from time to time. Lee deliberately excluded, Zaheer as well.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harris and Reid the unluckiest pair of bowlers. Both of them would have been remembered as ATG players if they could have gotten on the park often enough.

Slifer

International Captain
Besides the obvious (Dale Steyn) what current fast bowlers do you think have the potential to be great/atg?

IMO: Rabada, Philander, Starc, Hazlewood

Burgey

I think I'd put Anderson in there from an England POV. Pretty hard to argue with those you've listed, I think Starc the least likely to reach great/ ATG status of those you mentioned.

Zinzan

Yup Bruce Rude was soooo underrated alright, Would have probably had less injuries had he been playing in the era of weights and expert fitness training.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Pluto

Dilhara Fernando
Ruchira Perera
Ishara Amerasinghe
Sujeewa De Silva
Charitha Buddhika
Ptabath Nissanka
Gayan Wijekoon
Dilhara Lokuhettige
Akalanga Gangama