• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best/worst/most hilarious miscommunications in Cricket

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Inspired by the hilarious events of this past test when Steven Smith was asked by his partner whether he should review, he replied:

"I said "go" as in "go have a look at it" and he turned around and started walking," Smith said.
Reminds me of Archer "M for Mancy":

Can anyone think of other instances?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wasn't there an incident from the West Indies where both runners tried getting back inside the crease on the same side?

Stapel

International Regular
In Dutch, no (nee) and two (twee) rhyme. Guess what happens every now and then.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Nah the Klusener-Donald incident wasn't funny. It was heart-breaking for a 15-year old me.

Zulu :(

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently the 1975 touring Australians were playing a benefit match for long-serving Middlesex keeper John Murray.

When the old boy came in to bat, Chappeli instructed Jeff Thomson to 'let him have one' meaning let him have a single. Unfortunately Tommo misunderstood the instruction, and whistled an extremely fast bouncer past the incredulous Murray's head.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Inspired by the hilarious events of this past test when Steven Smith was asked by his partner whether he should review, he replied:
Incidentally, does anyone really believe Smith wouldn't have said 'where are you going ya plonker, I meant go for the review" when Marsh started walking off.... lol absurd

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Read this story many years ago so details a bit hazy, but on England’s 1962/63 Ashes tour they played a match where at the toss the winning captain said his side would ‘have a blade’. That phrase obviously meant different things to people because when the match started both full sides walked out expecting to bowl first!

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Incidentally, does anyone really believe Smith wouldn't have said 'where are you going ya plonker, I meant go for the review" when Marsh started walking off.... lol absurd
100% agree. Just doesn't add up at all, especially as they were talking for a decent amount of time.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Easily pollock/boucher /south africa management during 2003 world cup when they got the drs calculation wrong . Just so ridiculous.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Easily pollock/boucher /south africa management during 2003 world cup when they got the drs calculation wrong . Just so ridiculous.
Good shout.

I'm not feeling so bad after this loss to India now. South African fans have been through a lot more pain.