• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How would you rate Kumar Sangakkara?

Where would you place him in a list of ATG cricketers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pluto

Banned
Where would you place him in a list of ATG Test batsmen? Would he get into your list if you had to pick the top 25 Test cricketers (not just batsmen) of all time?

cnerd123

likes this
A legend. One of the greatest of all time. Will forever be in the discussion of the greatest batsmen, not of just his generation, but of all generations.

And you get to watch him play in the HKT20 Blitz starting this Wednesday, free to watch all over the world in HD on Youtube. How amazing an opportunity is that?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Greatest batsman of the past 20 years. Of the blokes who've debuted post 2000,he's easily the best. Top 15 or so all time.

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Carried a nation for over a decade. Converts starts into massive scores. One of the absolute ATG.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Of those I've seen the careers of, he's in the top few batsmen. Not a bad fielder and great catching, behind the stumps and in the field. Have enjoyed some of his sledges too

Top_Cat

"Did okay, could have scored more if he just applied himself a bit." - his Dad.

Last edited:

vcs

Didn't watch enough of him batting. An ATG by any definition.

viriya

International Captain
I think the question should have been ATG Test batsmen - people define cricketers in weird ways so the poll results will be all over the place.

I think he is a top 5 ATG Test batsman - I put him clearly behind only Bradman, in the Sachin + Lara tier.

akilana

International 12th Man
My fav batsman ever but gets overrated in CW. In the last 25 years only Lara, Sachin, Ponting, Kallis and Dravid were better.