• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2007

PY

International Coach
England have managed to avoid Australia, India and West Indies in the group stages just by the problems incurred by huge numbers of fans having to transfer between islands.

Can't say I'm complaining. :P

Full Article

Rich2001

International Captain
PY said:
England have managed to avoid Australia, India and West Indies in the group stages just by the problems incurred by huge numbers of fans having to transfer between islands.

Full Article
Iam gutted :D - However we all know that by 2007 it wouldn't matter who England face as we will be kings of cricket by then :D

NikhilN

International Regular
PY said:

Full Article
Maybe it is because that is their only chance of getting into the super 8 :D :P :) :lol:

Craig

World Traveller
Re: Re: World Cup 2007

Rich2001 said:
Iam gutted :D - However we all know that by 2007 it wouldn't matter who England face as we will be kings of cricket by then :D
Yep, Neil would have progressed onto Devon's first team and playing C&G Trophey matches, Rikki Clarke hit a double ton, and Richard will gives us his full reasoning and stats etc. in his first chance system.

:D :P :lol: :lol: :P ;):)

NikhilN

International Regular

Rich2001 said:

:lol: :lol: ya and you will hand over kent to me in WCC one day :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

Proud Indian said:
Maybe it is because that is their only chance of getting into the super 8 :D :P :) :lol:
The thing is nobody knows for sure how strong each team will be in 3 years time...

We don't really know how strong they'll be in a year!

PY

International Coach
Venue Application

USA have applied to be included as a venue for the World Cup 2007 in the Caribbean.

I'm glad they have (not unexpected mind) because it would be an excellent opportunity for high quality cricket to be viewed in the USA.

I just hope they get given a good game and not a Test v Minnow game because that may not be the greatest advertisement for the game.

Although there would certainly be some BIG hitting which would appeal to our Trans-Atlantic friends. :cool2:

But may cause the boring link to baseball.

Spetsnatz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I hope Russia forms a team in time to play in the qaulifiers.

If we could get some super-fit Spetsnatz guys to be our fast bowlers that would be great !!!

tooextracool

International Coach
so it looks very likely that we'll see australia and NZ in the same group again.
hopefully kenya and SA(or pak) dont make it to englands group!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
WI - India - Aus - Eng : First Pot of Teams
SA - SL - Pak - NZ : Second Pot (by deduction)
Zim - Bdesh - Ken - Minnow : Third Pot
Fourth Pot : All Minnows

Reaching the Super Eight shouldn't be difficult for any of the major eight.

PY

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
WI - India - Aus - Eng : First Pot of Teams
SA - SL - Pak - NZ : Second Pot (by deduction)
Zim - Bdesh - Ken - Minnow : Third Pot
Fourth Pot : All Minnows

Reaching the Super Eight shouldn't be difficult for any of the major eight.
I'd say Kenya might well be the strongest team in that 3rd Tier especially if Zimbabwe situation stays as it is.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well the WICB is full-steam ahead to prepare for 2007. The Kensington Oval will practically be rebuilt with all but one stand being torn down. There will also an extra level added to the main stand for the WC, but will be removed after.

Jamaica has submitted two bids for the event and will very likely get both bids. Bids have also come in from the US, Canda, Barbados and the US Virgin Islands (I believe) among others. However, Trinidad and Tobago did not submit a bid, so we'll have to take what we get. The bid submitted by T&T was past the deadline for bids, meaning it doesn't count.

Still, the T&T officials are confident that we'll get the opening ceremony here regardless.

pakster

U19 12th Man
My group prediction...

Pak, eng, SA, NZ + minnows

Ind, aus, sri, WI + minnows

It seems like a nice balance, no obvious group of death like 03.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pakster said:
My group prediction...

Pak, eng, SA, NZ + minnows

Ind, aus, sri, WI + minnows

It seems like a nice balance, no obvious group of death like 03.
Isn't it due to be 4 pools?

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
isnt this thread a bit too early.

also, it is very tough to predict what will happen 3 years from now, anything can happen. who knows, maybe zimbabwe become the strongest team out of nowhere followed by iceland at no.2 :lol: or maybe who knows, australia may slip to no.10 and south africa at no.20 :lol:, anyways this was a bit of joke, but seriously,

who expected it in the beginning of 1996 that sri lanka would win the world cup. at best, i gave sri lanka a semi-final chance, but not beyond that.
who expected before 1999 world cup that zimbabwe would beat south africa and india and come to within a hairs breadth of qualifying for the semi-finals.
who expected before 2003 that kenya would be the semi-finalists.
who expected before 1983 that india would win the world cup beating the mighty west indies.
who expected halfway through 1992 world cup that pakistan will win.
who expected before 2004 u-19 world cup that australia would finish 10th.
who expected before 2000 u-19 world cup that west indies would finish 10th.