• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2007

Craig

World Traveller
That will be a kick in the face for WI cricket considering since it is their tournament and should host the SF and final.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Revelation said:
well the WICB has much more to gain by having 30,000 people for he final as compared to 18,000 or less.
The Kensington Oval will be able to house 30,000 people by 2007.

Re: St. Lucia, I can't see St. Lucia getting such a big match over T&T, Barbados, Jamaica.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sehwag309 said:
The above is an artist rendition of the cricket stadium to be built in Guyana for the 2007 World Cup.

That stadium which will cost 26 million US will be financed by the Indian government---in essence it will be a gift from India to the people of Guyana.

The people of Guyana are most grateful to the generous people of India for such a wonderful gift.

Mr. Baboo calls for the stadium to be named The Rohan Babulall Kanhai Stadium in recognition of the greatest batsman to have ever emerged from Guyana

+

BID-DAY
I really can't see the logic in building another stadium in Guyana though. It rains so often there.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
what do you think of the stadium proposed for Union Park in T&T? And from reports today, T&T was preparing to submit a TT$1 billion (US$167 million) for the WC matches. why so much? surely they could have bid less and still won. US$167 million is the size of some othe the other island's economies! it reeks of underhandedness.

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sehwag309 said:

The above is an artist rendition of the cricket stadium to be built in Guyana for the 2007 World Cup.

That stadium which will cost 26 million US will be financed by the Indian government---in essence it will be a gift from India to the people of Guyana.

The people of Guyana are most grateful to the generous people of India for such a wonderful gift.

Mr. Baboo calls for the stadium to be named The Rohan Babulall Kanhai Stadium in recognition of the greatest batsman to have ever emerged from Guyana

+

BID-DAY
Mr Baboo,

this stadium is great and it is also good to see that india is helping the west indies and guyana in hosting the 2007 world cup with a new stadium as well.

Deja moo

International Captain
Revelation said:
I think that ASIA by far has too much say at the ICC. from dalmyria to mani. they have totally mismanaged the ICC.

What do you mean by saying that ASIA has mismanaged the ICC ?
Do you mean to say that " from Dalmiya to Mani " doesnt include Speed ?

Mismanaged ??
If it wasnt for Dalmiya, the ICC would still be earning chicken feed by not knowing how to sell events like the WC and ICC Champions Trophy.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And we all know how much Speed and that other Malcolm tried to suppress the Asians...... Truly, talking about Asia controlling the game is just nonsense.....It is not our fault that the game is not as popular elsewhere......

Spetsnatz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
honestbharani said:
And we all know how much Speed and that other Malcolm tried to suppress the Asians...... Truly, talking about Asia controlling the game is just nonsense.....It is not our fault that the game is not as popular elsewhere......
A good point. Please enlighten us how Dalmiya controls the ICC when as far as I can see he exercises no more power than the chairman of any other board.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I think Guyana should include a roof in their stadium design.Could help in the bidding because of the amount of rainfall.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I never really noticed until now that Asia had so many Test countries.
Africa=South Africa,Zimbabwe

Asia=Bangladesh,India,Pakistan,Sri Lanka

Australia/Australasia=Australia,New Zealand

Europe=England

North/South America=West Indies

Also, the West Indies are the most isolated Test playing country the England.Hmm..

Revelation

U19 Debutant
Also, the West Indies are the most isolated Test playing country the England.Hmm..
I think you mean WORLD, but there is also the case for England. They are pretty far away from the action too.