• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2017

bigmitch

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Wow, Dickwella on fire. Was really impressed with his strokeplay in the "Who Cares Cup" (Stuart Clarke) T20 series down here in Aus.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Really good from Bangladesh to bowl us out for under 500 considering where we started the day.. Hopefully our bowlers will make early in roads..

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Third time that we bowled SL out. Just goes to show how dominant SL been in the past as we played quite a few with them.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing to see Mendis did not get his double.... opportunities don`t come along very often (even against Bangladesh).

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good stuff from Bangladesh so far. They are becoming more solid as a batting side which is encouraging. Hope they don't promptly collapse from here now that I've praised them.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Will take a big collapse from here from one of the teams, if this test has to have a result - especially given the weather forecast

Edit: Lol, and Bangla seems to have started to collapse

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Mominul hasn't been the same ever since the Zimbabwe test series. He is clearly struggling. Tamim is a joke. I'm actually not happy with Fizz's bowling. He tries too many things in test matches. He needs to keep it simple otherwise he will struggle. ODI and T20 is a completely different ball game compared to tests. Fizz should see how Hazlewood bowls in tests who doesn't possess the talent Fizz possesses. I also think Mushfiqur overused him yet again. Sri Lanka are clearly on top after those first 2 days: they are a difficult side to face in tests for most opposition at home. Mushfiqur also needs to resign as captain, and he of all people should know he doesn't have the leadership skills. Mahmudullah will be a far better captain, but his batting in tests is left to be desired. Don't be surprised if Sri Lanka win this series 2-0 as it's really expected. Sri Lanka players are far more intelligent than Bangladesh players, and look more athletic. I will still persist with Imrul over Sarker in tests, but Sarker success in tests will bode well when it comes to the ODI leg. Ideally I would like to see this XI in the ODI series: Tamim, Sarker, Shabbir, Mushfiqur, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Mosaddek...

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Mominul hasn't been the same ever since the Zimbabwe test series. He is clearly struggling. Tamim is a joke. I'm actually not happy with Fizz's bowling. He tries too many things in test matches. He needs to keep it simple otherwise he will struggle. ODI and T20 is a completely different ball game compared to tests. Fizz should see how Hazlewood bowls in tests who doesn't possess the talent Fizz possesses. I also think Mushfiqur overused him yet again. Sri Lanka are clearly on top after those first 2 days: they are a difficult side to face in tests for most opposition at home. Mushfiqur also needs to resign as captain, and he of all people should know he doesn't have the leadership skills. Mahmudullah will be a far better captain, but his batting in tests is left to be desired. Don't be surprised if Sri Lanka win this series 2-0 as it's really expected. Sri Lanka players are far more intelligent than Bangladesh players, and look more athletic. I will still persist with Imrul over Sarker in tests, but Sarker success in tests will bode well when it comes to the ODI leg. Ideally I would like to see this XI in the ODI series: Tamim, Sarker, Shabbir, Mushfiqur, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Mosaddek...
Mominul getting the fifties against England and NZ but failing to convert. Hes due a big one and I think he will get one in this series. Still one of the important members in the side.

You are a bit harsh on Fizz. He has been the most economical. Not easy coming back and its not an easy pitch for the bowlers. He did not bowl exceptionally well but did not bowl badly either. We need to lower the expectation from him too. He is not going to destroy line ups in all matches.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Don't think I have heard our players being described as athletic by anyone for a long time.. Your boys are doing ok.. It is a good response to a big score and as I said before they did well to bowl us out so quickly today..

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Don't think I have heard our players being described as athletic by anyone for a long time.. Your boys are doing ok.. It is a good response to a big score and as I said before they did well to bowl us out so quickly today..
Have to agree here. With all due respect to the Lankan boys, we sport the biggest pot bellies going around cricket.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
This is just not acceptable. The pitch has no demon YET. But wickets are falling in a heap. Just disappointing.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Our FC cricket is not upto the standard but someone whose average is around 70 mark should get a chance. I am talking about Mosaddek. Mullah is DONE.