• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in the West Indies 2017

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know it's mainly due to the pitch, but this is such an old-fashioned England ODI performance, only guy doing well gets out when set, rest pooter around doing not much, sub-parv score on. Like Cook, Bell and Bopara.

Of course it can change with this line-up easily.

91Jmay

International Coach
Great knock from Stokes, nudges his ODI average above 30. He needs to get that into the 35+ region soon.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
haven't seen it live, on paper it looks like a boss knock from Morgan..nobody can question his place after what he did in India and here

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah knock from the skipper. I thought he might be done but he has played well since he came back in.

290 would be a great score on this deck.

91Jmay

International Coach
Exactly what we needed from Moeen. We are favourites, but if they are close our death bowling is so bad we need 15 run buffer.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
morgan is such a gun. joint second with pietersen now in the list of most century getters for england in odis. only behind the great man tresco.

edit: wrong, he's now clear second with 10 to KPs 9.

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
We've done well since I finished work and have been able to follow this properly, so I'm happy with that. Pleased to see Morgan scoring again, he's done well when there were legitimate concerns that he might be finished.

That said, I'm really not especially confident in our bowling at all. If we had Willey, I'd be reasonably confident for at least an early wicket, but this attack seems like one that could fairly easily spend the whole innings being toothless, perhaps outright bad all round.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
morgan is such a gun. joint second with pietersen now in the list of most century getters for england in odis. only behind the great man tresco.

edit: wrong, he's now clear second with 10 to KPs 9.
One of centuries was for Ireland so in terms of centuries for England he is still level with KP

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not going to rant about it, and I'm sure there was a brilliant plan behind it, but those 2 Root overs were just befuddling on a pitch offering something to the seamers.

Funky for funky's sake IMHO.

Niall

International Coach
Kraigg, get a time machine and **** off to 1995, your type of batting has no place in 2017. Shameful selection.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not going to rant about it, and I'm sure there was a brilliant plan behind it, but those 2 Root overs were just befuddling on a pitch offering something to the seamers.

Funky for funky's sake IMHO.
Haven't been watching but it does seem strange that Stokes usually bowls minimum 5 overs even when the pitch doesn't seem to be suiting the seamers or he's getting knocked round the park (so most games), yet he hasn't bowled here at all. Moeen and Root: 12 overs between them for a pretty poor return. Did he pick up a knock or what?

Last edited: