• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in the West Indies 2017

91Jmay

International Coach
When you've got Buttler-Morgan-Stokes-Moeen coming in from 4, collapses are pretty much inevitably going to happen on a semi-frequent basis.
Not as often as they do. Buttler i can accept being in bad form, Stokes needs to be far more consistent. Good hand today though.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Stokes has finally got his ODI batting average over 30. His record was so horrible for so long that it now being decent is a big testament to his improvement

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah, Stokes still fails more often than I'd like (obviously I'd like all our players to fail less, but you know what I mean) but he does good stuff far more often these days.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah we've really missed a shot at a big score here It's still going to be decent but from 220-1 it should have been one of those game breaky innings we played against Pakistan. Seamers have at least varied the pace nicely, though the biggest difference is WI holding their catches

91Jmay

International Coach
Yep, left 40 on the board. Can't expect 400s or even close but 350 from 220-1 is not a big ask.

91Jmay

International Coach
Rash and Plunkett mean we get to solid total. Still left runs on board but should be able to defend

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Nice afternoons watching there. Sedate. Next lot of excitement will be the next Australia/India test ...:ph34r:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Poor effort from England I would say, as silly as that sounds. They will still win handsomely, but if I were their coach I would be annoyed they didn't get 350 at the very least.

Well bowled to Alzarri and Holder. Shows the stupidity of not playing Alzarri alongside Shannon Gabriel in the first 2 ODIs.

91Jmay

International Coach
Poor effort from England I would say, as silly as that sounds. They will still win handsomely, but if I were their coach I would be annoyed they didn't get 350 at the very least.

Well bowled to Alzarri and Holder. Shows the stupidity of not playing Alzarri alongside Shannon Gabriel in the first 2 ODIs.
Yeah Alzarri needs to play all ODI/Tests I reckon. Keep him out of T20 to fend off IPL interest. Big prospect

Bijed

International Regular
Agree that we should probably have got a few more runs on the board but it feels like one of those cases where the wickets going down at the end makes the score looks worse than it actually is given that we lost 4 in 16 balls but still added 24 runs in the same time which is not awful by any means - i.e. if Stokes & Woakes had taken us to 328/6 it would just look a better scorecard, despite being functionally identical.

I know it's kinda more that from 219-1 you could have not unreasonably expected a bigger score, but it's not exactly uncommon for the last 15 overs or so to not all go according to plan.