• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in the West Indies 2017

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Pretty sure Bill Athey used to go out to the caribbean and offer the best young prospect he could find a scholarship to Dulwich College. That's how Jordan came over here he's just the most prominent. Surrey didn't sign him up till he had been at Dulwich.
Yep and the WICB are fully aware of this and are not tolerating it any longer.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
England have improved a lot in ODIs. Probably the favourites to win the Champions Trophy given they will be playing at home. They along with New Zealand have turned a whole new leaf in ODI Cricket. Yet, if West Indies applied themselves better, they could've won both these ODI games. England weren't at their best. Where on earth is Sunil Narine. He probably would've made the difference. But then again, West Indies are missing several of their main players. It's funny they will not be participating in the Champions Trophy. Probably got bogged down with that. They are playing for ranking points, and that's what counts in the end. England batting line-up looks one of the deadliest in the world now. Top order looks like they want to hit it everywhere they go.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Looking forward to watching this this afternoon. Imagine that it will be a whole load quieter in this thread than the Australia/India one :ph34r:

91Jmay

International Coach
Frankly we've played poorly in the last few games. Stokes/Buttler need to pull their respective fingers out and stop us collapsing after solid platforms.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Frankly we've played poorly in the last few games. Stokes/Buttler need to pull their respective fingers out and stop us collapsing after solid platforms.
We have, got away with it against poor opposition. Need to hope it doesn't carry on like that as against better sides we would get punished for being so sloppy.

91Jmay

International Coach
We are a one trick pony ODI side. Need belter wickets to equalise our poor bowling and enhance our powerful batting.

Beamer

We have, got away with it against poor opposition. Need to hope it doesn't carry on like that as against better sides we would get punished for being so sloppy.
I have a feeling today will be England's best performance. It's a smaller ground and a much better pitch (usually anyway). You can hit through the line.

Also, Shannon Gabriel is out so the top order will breath a sigh of relief. Not much has been said about it, but he was bowling 150kph outswingers on a good line and length. We're not going to replace that quality. If we have both Holder and Braithwaite in the same team again I think it will be carnage when England bat.

theegyptian

Fairbace seems to be suggesting the opposite will happen, but I'd be giving everyone a game today. Dawson, Bairstow, Hales, Ball/TCurran. Dawson especially could do with a chance. Could come in for Moeen at 7. Bairstow maybe for Buttler to give Buttler a kick up the backside. They need to be thinking about the last 2 or 3 spots in the champions trophy squad.

Beamer

Fairbace seems to be suggesting the opposite will happen, but I'd be giving everyone a game today. Dawson, Bairstow, Hales, Ball/TCurran. Dawson especially could do with a chance. Could come in for Moeen at 7. Bairstow maybe for Buttler to give Buttler a kick up the backside. They need to be thinking about the last 2 or 3 spots in the champions trophy squad.
Agreed. I'd be seeing what they've got to offer. I hope Windies do the same and give Rovman Powell and Alzari Joseph a game. There's nothing to lose really.

Beamer

Oh for God sake. Carlos is playing instead of Rovman again? Why do we insist on hamstringing ourselves? The Barbadian takeover of West Indies cricket is doing my nut! Rovman Powell is twice the cricket Carlos Braithwaite is and how long must we select the guy because he managed to smack a few sixes once?

400 run total coming up. Braithwaite and Holder in the same bowling attack at this venue?

Last edited:

Beamer

This is a painfully bad bowling and fielding performance. We have better bowlers in the region than this, I don't understand how throwing a bunch of part-timers and medium paced all-rounders at England is acceptable? It feels like men against boys. Holder's captaincy is still dreadful.

I'll admit luck hasn't been on our side with injuries etc but you do make your own luck and this isn't good enough. As a West Indian I feel very let down by the selectors.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Carter's the only part timer getting hammered though, Brathwaite's done alright.

vogue

Yes,West Indies fielding a bit poor. Think England will get at least 300 here. Just waiting for Hales to get his century. As we speak....

91Jmay

International Coach
Pretty lucky way to get to a hundred, been that kind of innings though. Slower than normal given wickets in hand but 320 should be on from here.

Beamer

Yes,West Indies fielding a bit poor. Think England will get at least 300 here. Just waiting for Hales to get his century. As we speak....
350 at least. This bowling attack is shocking and England have all their hitters left.

91Jmay

International Coach
Buttler just in no form at the moment. Really hope we don't wobble our way to 280 here. Won't be enough with the spuds we have with the ball.

Beamer

Buttler just in no form at the moment. Really hope we don't wobble our way to 280 here. Won't be enough with the spuds we have with the ball.
I think you've got enough already. Evin Lewis is our gun aggressive batsman (not that he has shown it in Antigua) and he won't bat at all. Watching Kraigg try and chase 300 odd is going to be...interesting.

Howe_zat

Audio File
"Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. But we also have Joe Root, so that's nice, I guess." - Jean-Paul Sartre