As you may remember, a few months ago I ran a sim league using the PC game ICC '13 coupled with an in-game editor. Since I've got some free time on my hands, I thought I'd return with its ODI cousin, which has some minor tweaks, and will run for a much, much shorter time span.
Basic rules & notes:
- Like the original sim league, I will just manage, not participate.
- Rather than a draft stage, which preceded the last sim-tournament I hosted, this time I'll be asking whoever wants to participate to simply choose any ODI nation & post a squad of players from that nation. You may select any player, past or present, from your selected nation to make up your squad, so long as they had played at least 5 ODI matches in their career. Some of you who participated in the original sim league will probably remember, the "All Time Greats" mode in International Cricket Captain 2013. has a few big names missing from it. So, if you happen to select a player that is missing from the game, I will let you know, & you can repick.
- So, if you wish to join, you can choose your nation & post your squad immediately. Each player will select a squad of 14 players from their chosen nation.
- Keep in mind that, much like the original sim league, injuries will be a thing in this sim. Be sure to choose a balanced squad of 14, I would also recommend choosing a backup keeper to be on the safe side. This, of course, is not mandatory though.
- Each match in the sim ODI World Cup will be an AI vs AI affair, meaning that I have no control over either side.
- I am looking for 8 players, but am open to more people participating if we get enough interest. If you wish to join but find that each of the top 8 ODI teams have already been taken, I am open to people choosing 'A' teams, made up of players from a particular nation who were unselected previously. (Personally I'd love to see an Australia A or an India A upset the big guns). Along with this, I will also allow a Zim/Bang/Ire/Afghan composite team to be selected if anyone chooses to back them.
- Once we find out how many people are keen to join I will make a decision on the format of the tournament and seed the teams into groups. From there I will provide a full list of tournament rules & then the simulation will begin!