• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain ODI World Cup (sim league mach 2)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Relax bro, I never said you were being personal here. Its just that the concept lacks consistency if you award players to particular decade like that.
Yes, I am aware I am not being consistent. For the record, TBP has allowed Gavaskar to join the 80s squad

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo's 1980s

Sunil Gavaskar /
Gordon Greenidge /
Vivian Richards / o 5
Javed Miandad /
Allan Border / o (c)
Martin Crowe /
Imran Khan o / 3
Jeff Dujon + /
Richard Hadlee o / 2
Malcolm Marshall o / 1
Joel Garner o 4

Clive Rice o /
Micheal Holding o
Abdul Qadir o

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yes, we now have 13 players. Let's cap this off at 14, need one more player.

Any takers?... Harsh, Stephen, Marc?

HB, you can choose between the following options

- Best of the rest pre-1970
- Best of the rest post-1970

The 14th and final entrant can have the other option.

I will go post 1970 mate. At least I ll have seen some of the players and maybe can select some personal favorites. :)

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
CricZo's 1980s

Sunil Gavaskar /
Gordon Greenidge /
Vivian Richards / o 6
Javed Miandad /
Allan Border / (c)
Imran Khan o / 3
Jeff Dujon + /
Richard Hadlee o / 2
Malcolm Marshall o / 1
Joel Garner o 4
Abdul Qadir o 5

Clive Rice o /
Micheal Holding o
Iqbal Qasim o
Martin Crowe / OR Dean Jones / OR Ian Botham o / OR Alan Kourie o /
Ditch Qadir and bring in Botham/Crowe. Imran to 7.

Last edited:

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Austin Powers' Groovy XI

Bob Simpson
John Edrich
Graeme Pollock
Gary Sobers
Ken Barrington
Rohan Kanhai (+)
Bill Lawry
Basil D'Olivera
Trevor Goddard
Mushtaq Mohammad
Roy Gilchrist (c)

Farookh Engineer
Wes Hall
Ray Illingwoth
Colin Cowdrey

Squad may change if there are injuries. Never realised the 60's had so many all rounders :laugh:

harsh.ag

Austin Powers' Groovy XI

Bob Simpson
John Edrich
Graeme Pollock
Gary Sobers
Ken Barrington
Rohan Kanhai (+)
Bill Lawry
Basil D'Olivera
Trevor Goddard
Mushtaq Mohammad
Roy Gilchrist (c)

Farookh Engineer
Wes Hall
Ray Illingwoth
Colin Cowdrey

Squad may change if there are injuries. Never realised the 60's had so many all rounders :laugh:
Please tell me you are joking with Hall in the reserves.

harsh.ag

Harsh, wont I need a spinner?
Eh. You have a killer attack already. Shore up your batting. Imran at 6 and is a bit weak. Just go with Crowe at 4/5 (or Botham at 6 if you really want a 5 man attack). Border can bowl some spin.

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
His entire bowling attack says how serious is Grumpy. hahaha! He is aiming for DRAWS. haha!
We'll see who will be laughing when your helmet-less bunch are facing my skipper after being being exhausted from fielding for 3 days.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
I realised as I began sort through the players game that there are far too many big names missing from the game (especially pre-WW2) for this to work. Therefore, I have included some invented players in the above list that I will assign values for based on their FC record, whilst using existing player values as reference points. Apologies if there are errors in this list, and if anybody wants to query me on a player in regards to their respective decade, or want to ask me about players who aren't on the list, fire away.
For the 1800s, can I request at least a couple of Arthur Shrewsbury, Tom Hayward, Bobby Abel and Billy Murdoch? Otherwise I'll have a squad packed with all-rounders and bowlers.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
For the 1800s, can I request at least a couple of Arthur Shrewsbury, Tom Hayward, Bobby Abel and Billy Murdoch? Otherwise I'll have a squad packed with all-rounders and bowlers.
Definitely yes, the 1800's team are going to need all the batting power they can get.