• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain ODI World Cup (sim league mach 2)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Why isn't form a thing? Isn't it a tournament? Is it something that is not possible or is it something you actively reset?
It can't be done unfortunately because I use "two player" mode to sim these games, which, crucially, allows me to pick & edit both teams. Whilst you can edit squads, etc, you can't actively control who the AI selects in their team in any of the tournament modes in the game.

So I just create a one-match ODI series in two player mode, pick & edit both sides, and then skip forward to the result, allowing the AI to control both teams.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Trial match #1

South Australia vs India - Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

India won by 31 runs.

MOTM: Ravi Jadeja

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Trial match #2

Kent vs West Indies - St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury

West Indies won by 180 runs.

MOTM: Viv Richards

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
More trial matches to come!

When we get to the tournament proper I'll also post some stats pages with the matches, such as run rate graphs etc.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Trial Match #3

Trinidad & Tobago vs Australia - Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain

Australia won by 154 runs.

MOTM: Michael Bevan

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Trial Match #4

Victoria vs England - Kardinia Park, Geelong

England won by 6 wickets.

MOTM: Eoin Morgan

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
since my two teams are up against each other in round 1 that can be my trial match of sorts

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Alrighty, before we begin the first round of the tournament proper, I'll just post everyone's squads, so we can lock them in.

AUSTRALIA harsh.ag

Gilchrist, M Waugh, Ponting, Bevan, M Hussey, Watson, Symonds, Warne, Lee, McGrath, Lillee, Bracken, Jones, Healy

ENGLAND
Howe_zat

Trescothick, Stewart, Hick, Pietersen, Morgan, Collingwood, Flintoff, Botham, Swann, Gough, Willis, Lamb, Gooch, Anderson

INDIA weldone

Sehwag, Tendulkar, Kohli, Yuvraj, Raina, Kapil, Zaheer, Harbhajan, Srinath, Kumble, Ganguly, Dravid, Jadeja

NEW ZEALAND The Battlers Prince

Fleming, Guptill, Williamson, Crowe, McCullum, Twose, Hadlee, Vettori, Cairns, Bond, Allott, Pringle, Parore, Turner

AUSTRALIA A mr_mister

Hayden, Martyn, Lehmann, G Chappell, Clarke, S Waugh, Harvey, R Marsh, B Hogg, Fleming, McDermott, Gillespie, Haddin, O'Donnell

PAKISTAN mr_mister

Anwar, Afridi, Abbas, Yousuf, Inzamam, Miandad, Imran, Moin, Wasim, Saqlain, Younis, Ijaz, Akhtar, Razzaq

SOUTH AFRICA morgieb

Smith, Kirsten, Amla, Kallis, A de Villiers, Rhodes, Klusener, Pollock, Morkel, Tahir, Donald, Cronje, Boucher, F de Villiers

SRI LANKA randycricfreak

Jayasuriya, Atapattu, Sangakkara, A de Silva, Jayawardene, A Ranatunga, Arnold, Vaas, Kulasekara, Malinga, Muralitharan, Dilshan, Mathews, A Mendis

COMBINED XI randycricfreak

Tamim, Porterfield, A Flower, Cooper, Shakib, ten Doeschate, K O'Brien, Streak, Mortaza, Razzak, Coetzer, Taylor, G Flower, Olonga

WEST INDIES Shri

Greenidge, Haynes, Richards, Lara, Lloyd, Gayle, Jacobs, Marshall, Roberts, Garner, Holding, Chanderpaul, Hooper, Bravo

--------------

It's not too late to have a trial match if you want one. Just let me know and I will sim it before round one.

Otherwise, please post your lineups for the opening round of the Cup.

Round 1

Sri Lanka v Australia
Pakistan v Australia A
New Zealand v England
CXI v India
West Indies v South Africa

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Hey jimmy, just want a small change in line up after looking at how that trial went.

Gilly +
Hussey
Ponting
Bevan
Watson
Symonds
Waugh
Lee
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

Bracken
Jones
Healy

Thanks.

mr_mister

taking harsh's advice for Australia A. Assume he considers O'Donnell more of a bowler than Harvey

Pakistan:

Anwar
Afridi
Abbas
Yousuf
Ul-Haq
Miandad
Imran
Moin +
Wasim
Saqlain
Waqar

Aus A

Hayden
Martyn
Lehmann
Chappell
Clarke
S Waugh
O'Donnell
Rod Marsh +
Brad Hogg
Fleming
McDermott

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like a trial:

Smith, Kirsten, Amla, Kallis, A de Villiers, Rhodes, Klusener, Pollock, Morkel, Tahir, Donald

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Trial Match #5

Glamorgan vs South Africa - Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

South Africa won by 4 wickets.

MOTM: Jacques Kallis