• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain ODI World Cup (sim league mach 2)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
o.0s

Hayden
Dravid
Ponting
Sanga
Kallis
Chanderpaul
Gilchrist (+)
Pollock
Gillespie
Bond
Murali

Yousuf
G. Smith
MacGill
Akhtar

ImpatientLime

International Regular
50s

hanif mohammad
bert sutcliffe
everton weekes
peter may (c)
neil harvey
frank worrell
clyde walcott (w)
alan davidson
fred trueman
fazal mahmood
jim laker

polly umrigar
vinoo mankad
richie benaud
frank tyson

rough on johnny wardle, neil adcock, brian statham and hugh tayfield.

kingkallis

International Coach
- 1800's - AndrewB
- 1900's & 1910's - Howe_zat
- 1920's & early 1930's - mr_mister
- late 1930's & 1940's - morgieb
- 1950's - ImpatientLime
- 1960's
- 1970's - The Battlers Prince
- 1980's - kingkallis
- 1990's - Shri
- 2000's - Daemon
- 2010's - Nate

Tendulkar

90s - 1 vote
00s - 1 vote

Vedrict: Deadlock, Tendulkar stays in the 90s

McGrath

90s - 2 votes
00s - 2 votes

Verdict: Deadlock, McGrath stays in the 90s

Gavaskar

70s - 1 vote
80s - 1 vote

Verdict: Deadlock, Gavaskar stays in the 70s
How does Gavaskar stays in the 70s? What logic have you applied here?

kingkallis

International Coach
Your point stands if its 99 or something or if a guy played one game in the decade and came back in the next decade after going back domestic cricket. McGrath had an ATG career in the 90s before continuing it in the 00s. You are being deliberately obtuse in addition to being a conniving piece of ****. And it is not the first time either. **** off.
No comments.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
How does Gavaskar stays in the 70s? What logic have you applied here?
Gavaskar played for 9 years in the 70s and 8 in the 80's. India played less Test cricket in the 70's than the 80's, because of this I believe using games played as the solitary deciding factor to be unfair. It's nothing against you personally bro.

If you really want Gavaskar KK feel free to just ask TBP if you can have him. TBP might want to go with Richards and Boycott anyway.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Depends what you were after. His economy rate was the best of your bowlers.

Watson WAG.

You know what they say - Lynnsanity is doing the same thing again and again, and expecting different results.

Warne - 28 @ 19.29, 4.48
Watson - 26 @ 16.77, 6.00
Lee - 21 @ 36.57, 6.19
Lillee - 19 @ 25.00, 4.90
McGrath - 12 @ 43.50, 4.14
Hussey - 4 @ 27.50, 5.24
Mallett - 1 @ 91.00, 7.00
Bracken - 0 @ N/A, 6.14 (7 overs bowled)
Bevan - 0 @ N/A, 7.00 (9 overs bowled)
Symonds - 0 @ N/A, 5.76 (21 overs bowled)

You have tainted the Bracken name, and I expect a formal apology.
Wow, great job on the statistics Nate!

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
- 1800's - AndrewB
- 1900's & 1910's - Howe_zat
- 1920's & early 1930's - mr_mister
- late 1930's & 1940's - morgieb
- 1950's - ImpatientLime
- 1960's - Grumpy
- 1970's - The Battlers Prince
- 1980's - kingkallis
- 1990's - Shri
- 2000's - Daemon
- 2010's - Nate
Bang/Zim/Associates - *****

kingkallis

International Coach
Gavaskar played for 9 years in the 70s and 8 in the 80's. India played less Test cricket in the 70's than the 80's, because of this I believe using games played as the solitary deciding factor to be unfair. It's nothing against you personally bro.

If you really want Gavaskar KK feel free to just ask TBP if you can have him. TBP might want to go with Richards and Boycott anyway.
Relax bro, I never said you were being personal here. Its just that the concept lacks consistency if you award players to particular decade like that.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The FC records in my squad are mental. I knew it would kind of be the case which is why I went early days but these allround figures are way better than I thought.

Warwick Armstrong: 16158 runs at 46.83, 45 tons; 832 wickets at 19.71, 50 goddam five-fors

Imma bat down to 11

kingkallis

International Coach
The FC records in my squad are mental. I knew it would kind of be the case which is why I went early days but these allround figures are way better than I thought.

Warwick Armstrong: 16158 runs at 46.83, 45 tons; 832 wickets at 19.71, 50 goddam five-fors

Imma bat down to 11
I have Clive Rice as well!! Confused if I should include him in the playing XI or not.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Big Ship comfortably fits in my side as a batsman (it is possibly the first thing he fits into comfortably) so he's in anyway, just a question of how many overs he can eke out for me.

One thing I need to stack the batting is a better keeper. Requesting access to Dick Lilley, England's golden age keeper who played through the decade and could actually bat. Pilling sounds like a good dude I'm sure but should not be involved in selection here.

edit: I also want Clem Hill, was the leading run scorer in test cricket before ww1

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bruce Mitchell
Len Hutton
George Headley
Denis Compton
Dudley Nourse
Keith Miller
Don Tallon
Ray Lindwall
Bill O'Reilly
Alec Bedser
Bill Johnston

Arthur Morris
Godfrey Evans
Hedley Verity
Jack Cowie

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Can I get a best of the rest team to compete in this?
Yes, we now have 13 players. Let's cap this off at 14, need one more player.

Any takers?... Harsh, Stephen, Marc?

HB, you can choose between the following options

- Best of the rest pre-1970
- Best of the rest post-1970

The 14th and final entrant can have the other option.

Last edited: