• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW votes- The greatest ODI teams of all time (Australia)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
How can anyone have that kind of information in their head to begin with to be able to recall it???
These days I am spending a lot of time building a ranking methodology for ODI players (separately for batsmen and bowlers). So, looked at various different results, comparisons etc. over the last few weeks.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Whilst it is nice to see a vote for George, he, rightfully, won't make it into the team when this is all said and done.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ponting
Jones
Hussey

Tossed up a few names; am not sure how strong a combo of Symonds/Bevan/M Waugh is for a 5th bowler so considered moving Bevan or Symonds up the order to fit Watson (or an O'Donnell type) or picking Chappell. In the end I stuck with my original gut on this though.

Bevan to bat 6.

bagapath

International Captain
Big call innit?
Probably not. Davo was celebrated for his accuracy. Maintained a ridiculously low ER and bowling avg throughout his career.

He could also bat a bit. And he was a superb fielder (so was Garner). Would've be been an automatic IPL pick.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
So at present we have :

Ponting - 23
Bevan - 13
Hussey -13
Jones - 13

Considering we have Gilchrist batting in the top six we can carry on from here if everyone is happy, and our top six will be locked. A number of people indicated they wanted Bevan at 6 anyhow. Will mean the #7 will be able to carry a bowling load, or share it with M.Waugh at least.

Last edited:

Red

A. Gilchrist +
M. Waugh
R. Ponting
D. Jones
M. Bevan
M. Hussey
-
-
M. Starc
D. Lillee
G. McGrath

Red

Spinner

Select ONE of the following bowlers to be the spinner.

Shane Warne

Brad Hogg

Peter Taylor

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pfft, what if I want two spinners?

Anyway Warne marginally over Hogg I suppose, even though Warne is a very overrated ODI bowler, but he was great in the '99 semi, I'll give him that.