• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia T20s 2017

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So the little Lankans have started their series..

PM's XI 61/3 (8.1/20 ov) v Sri Lanka at Canberra on RIGHT NOW!

1st T20I: Australia v Sri Lanka at Melbourne on Feb 17, 2017

2nd T20I: Australia v Sri Lanka at Geelong on Feb 19, 2017

3rd T20I: Australia v Sri Lanka at Adelaide on Feb 22, 2017

Australia have picked a largely development XI but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is most looking forward to seeing the oldest guy in the squad, Michael Klinger in action. Also, one of the most important things to note this series, is the weather in Geelong.

Last edited:

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Sri Lanka won the PM's XI match by 5 wickets, and I did not even remember that the match had been on until this morning.

Tharanga's 47* edged out Dickwella's 47 for the SL top score.

Compton

International Debutant
Sri Lanka won the PM's XI match by 5 wickets, and I did not even remember that the match had been on until this morning.

Tharanga's 47* edged out Dickwella's 47 for the SL top score.
Is that a higher score, or just a better one? :D

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know these games are kind of an afterthought in the build-up to the India series, but I'm absolutely stoked for Klinger and hope he goes well.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
good start for us but obviously its a PM XI so have to take that into account. Our squad looks better this series and its nice to see Kapugedara, Siriwardena ,Shanaka and Munaweera back in the squad. let s see what happens..Malinga is also back but not sure how fit he is..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Mods, you going to sticky?

Timmy Paine better not bat in the top 4 in this lineup unless we are 2 for 2 or something from the first over. Basically if we do well, he should be the guy that continues to drop down the order IMO.

I like the Finch Klinger opening combo but with JL as coach there is a decent chance he'll want a LH+RH combo as he often implemented this tactic with the Scorchers.

TheJediBrah

And if you thought no one cared about the last ODI series . . .

seriously when does this game start though?

edit: 7:40 tonight apparently. Who am I kidding, I'll probably watch the whole thing.

Last edited:

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
If a bi-lateral 2020 series of insignificance takes place in one part of the world, does a test fan die on the other side?

Seriously though, I've seen many people call the scoop shot Dickwella plays the dickscoop. I am not entirely sure what to make of that yet.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
I liked the look of Vikum S in that PM XI's game. Malinga, potbelly and all, still seems fairly potent in this format.

Good chance for SL to get a win or two on the board before the BD series. I feel like they've finally got the balance in their 2020 side right.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really wish Johnson was playing in this series. It would be a perfect situation - he'd bring star power, wouldn't have the expectations or commitment of other international cricket and would be a good influence on the younger blokes.

CA missed a trick by not securing his services.

TheJediBrah

I really dislike Finch's "back away to leg against spinners and hit literally everything through cover" tactics