• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia T20s 2017

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cummins should be bowling from this end. I do not want him bowling the last over if this is what it comes to.

Bijed

International Regular
It's making me cringe, like when your dad tells the same unfunny joke repeatedly all night and it's just embarassing
Haha, yeah I hate that. Not just 'all night', though, more like all night every night for as long as I can remember. Not quite fair as he's probably actually mixed up between 3 or 4 jokes.

And as this thread is actually about cricket, well done Klinger on doing well when he finally got his chance in internationals.

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
good series win for us that's two away now and we need to now bring that to ODI's. Much better squad selection from us but still missing a few key players..

_Ed_

Only saw a bit of the start of this game, but thought Alyssa Healy showed up the other commentators a bit. She put up with their inane "what's it like to go from being a player to commentator" questions and then offered some pretty decent insight into the field positions versus Finch etc.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Will be interesting to see if Klinger gets another go at this format. Obviously not the fastest scoring T20 opener you’re likely to see but really delivered a solidity at the top of the order that’s often been missing from Oz T20 lineups. Probably a tad too slow in the opening two matches but hard to fault last night and should be in consideration for future Oz T20 lineups.

thierry henry

International Coach
Thierry Henry to comment
I've long wondered why Slats cops the height jokes in the Channel 9 comm box when Slats/Heals/Tubby are hardly different in height and even Chappelli/Nicholas/Warne etc aren't a great deal different. All seem to be somewhere between 5'9" and 5'11" i.e. average.

The listed 5'10" seems generous for Langer though. I always thought Ricky Ponting at 5'10" was generous and Langer is clearly shorter than Ponting. Michael Clarke, listed 5'10", is taller than Ponting.

Clarke 5'10"
Ponting 5'9"
Langer 5'8"

Older photos tend to suggest Slats looking a little shorter than he does at Channel 9. Would we put it past him to be a lift wearer on TV?

You're all welcome btw

Zinzan

I've long wondered why Slats cops the height jokes in the Channel 9 comm box when Slats/Heals/Tubby are hardly different in height and even Chappelli/Nicholas/Warne etc aren't a great deal different. All seem to be somewhere between 5'9" and 5'11" i.e. average.

The listed 5'10" seems generous for Langer though. I always thought Ricky Ponting at 5'10" was generous and Langer is clearly shorter than Ponting. Michael Clarke, listed 5'10", is taller than Ponting.

Clarke 5'10"
Ponting 5'9"
Langer 5'8"

Older photos tend to suggest Slats looking a little shorter than he does at Channel 9. Would we put it past him to be a lift wearer on TV?

You're all welcome btw
Lol, I thoroughly object to a few observations there TH, you're losing your touch

Chappelli (could be age) is no taller than Tubby/Heals & Slats, whereas Nicholas is a solid 6 foot, possibly even 6'1, while Warne is just under 6 foot.. I'd say 5'11 1/2.

I'd list them as follows

Langer 5'7 1/2
Slater 5'8
Chappeli 5'8 1/2
Taylor 5'8 1.2
Healy 5'9
Ponting 5'9
Clarke 5'10
Warne 5'11 1/2
Nicholas 6 foot
Lawry 6'1 1/2

Some evidence http://www.theage.com.au/content/da...Leadwide.620x349.gst0s6.png/1480990018503.jpg

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/00e4e913492755f522ab28bda459cda4

thierry henry

International Coach
Lol, I thoroughly object to a few observations there TH, you're losing your touch

Chappelli (could be age) is no taller than Tubby/Heals & Slats, whereas Nicholas is a solid 6 foot, possibly even 6'1, while Warne is just under 6 foot.. I'd say 5'11 1/2.

I'd list them as follows

Langer 5'7 1/2
Slater 5'8
Chappeli 5'8 1/2
Taylor 5'8 1.2
Healy 5'9
Ponting 5'9
Clarke 5'10
Warne 5'11 1/2
Nicholas 6 foot
Lawry 6'1 1/2

Some evidence http://www.theage.com.au/content/da...Leadwide.620x349.gst0s6.png/1480990018503.jpg

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/00e4e913492755f522ab28bda459cda4
I wasn't really trying to separate Tubby/Heals/Slats and Chappelli/Nicholas/Warne into a "short" and "tall' group. I wasn't sure what to do with Chappelli because his height seems to be all over the place (he looks comfortably taller than Slats/Heals in other photos) and I suspect that is due to both height loss and bad posture related to age.

I think you've got Tubby/Heals/Slats very wrong- Healy is the shortest of the three. Taylor is shorter than people realise (since unlike Heals and Slats he never seems to be ribbed about his height) but he is still the tallest of the three.

I very strongly disagree that Warne or Nicholas are 6 foot. I don't see it at all.