• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Auction Draft

Compton

International Debutant
This post will be updated with the complete rules in the next day or so.

Until then, basic rules will be that there's a set budget per team, multiple Test cricketers released each day, with a 24-hour limit on all auctions. Trades can be made throughout.

I'll decide on budget and total number of players once I've a better idea of participant numbers.

Who's in?

Compton

International Debutant
Disappointed at the lack of interest :(

I'll bump this another once or twice over the next week or so - maybe pick up those at the end of other drafts - but if there's no interest I'll let it die a death.

Compton

International Debutant
Thanks guys. This will definitely run now. Still happy for people to join, likely start Monday-ish.

Will clarify rules at some point today, so if anyone has preferences for any of the below, post it ASAP.

- Length of Auction Round
- Number of players auctioned each round
- Player class (e.g. Test players only, International players, First Class players)

Compton

International Debutant
It won't let me edit my thread title, so here are the rules of engagement.

Background
- Compton the Magnificent is the self-appointed ruler and saviour of the cricketing world.
- Key to his vision is the creation of a new, exciting worldwide franchise tournament; in which players from past and present will play T20, ODI, and Test matches across the globe.
- Your team will be assessed on their ability to win this tournament overall.

Rules
- Each franchise receives $100,000,000 (One hundred million) to spend assembling a side.
- At around 9PM (GMT) every day, I will release Five players for auction.
- Each auction round will last 24 hours. The end time of the auction round will be confirmed in the post naming the players available for auction.
- As there will be five auctions ongoing at any one time, you must clearly identify which player you are bidding for in each post.
- At any time between the start of this draft and the creation of a poll thread to decide its winner, players can trade amongst themselves. These can be any combination of players + money for another franchise's player + money.
- The exact number of players to be auctioned will be confirmed at the start of the draft, when I know the exact numbers, but there will be enough players available to allow everyone to - should they wish - pick more than XI players.
- If you end up with more than XI players, this is of no direct advantage to you. You must select one side of XI players to play all formats in all conditions.

The first players will be released for bidding in 12 hours (9PM GMT)

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Dear Self-appointed ruler, here is the list:

Compton
honestbharani
kingkallis
srbhkshk
stphndbsn
AndyZaltzHair
Red Hill

I am happy with just 7 but few more participants will be sweet.