• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in India 2017

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Nothing to see here. Ashwin will take 10 fer and Pujara to make double century in the one off test scheduled to begin on 9th February. The practice match starts on 5th February.

Burner

International Regular
Bangladesh has the potential to out-perform all the teams that recently toured India imo. If they can contain their ability to lose from the best of positions, maybe this will not be all that drab a series.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon Bangladesh will be really pumped up for this one, considering how this will be their first Test match here.

Hopefully Sehwag tweets something about the game and fires them up.

Daemon

170/5 against India A atm. Anyone got the deets on what sort of wicket it is?

srbhkshk

International Captain
I think the pitch for this match will matter more than the pitches for Eng/Aus series because Bangladesh actually have the capability to create havoc on a rank turner (or a green pitch but they ain't getting that), I expect them to get slaughtered on any other pitches however.

Daemon

They're really being schooled by India A atm

I see Shafiul Islam has somehow sneaked his way back into the side, though I'm guessing Kamrul will come in for him on the 9th Feb. Wonderkid Miraz going along nicely at 6.75 an over :laugh:

I swear all tour game teams are told to mercilessly target the oppositions spinners. Happens every ****ing time.

Shri

Mr. Glass
They're really being schooled by India A atm

I see Shafiul Islam has somehow sneaked his way back into the side, though I'm guessing Kamrul will come in for him on the 9th Feb. Wonderkid Miraz going along nicely at 6.75 an over :laugh:

I swear all tour game teams are told to mercilessly target the oppositions spinners. Happens every ****ing time.
Yeah a few punks are going to find out routing England in a bunsen isn't the same as bowling to us. Miraz, RIP.

Daemon

Fizz not in India. Still not fit. The question is if he wasnt fit why they kept him in NZ for the whole tour? To carry drinks obviously.
I've seen this sentiment being floated around throughout the NZ tour and I think it just isn't true.

My best guess would be that they initially thought they could ease him back through the limited overs games and have him ready for 20 overs a day in the Tests. Obviously this didn't work out, but I highly doubt he subsequently just put his feet up and rested throughout the NZ tour. There was probably a fair bit of rehab work going on behind the scenes and maybe the coaches/physio wanted him around so they could monitor his progress.

Not sure what the deal is now though, if they could release more information that'd be nice.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I've seen this sentiment being floated around throughout the NZ tour and I think it just isn't true.

My best guess would be that they initially thought they could ease him back through the limited overs games and have him ready for 20 overs a day in the Tests. Obviously this didn't work out, but I highly doubt he subsequently just put his feet up and rested throughout the NZ tour. There was probably a fair bit of rehab work going on behind the scenes and maybe the coaches/physio wanted him around so they could monitor his progress.

Not sure what the deal is now though, if they could release more information that'd be nice.
Different reports saying different things making the whole thing cloudy. Some said there was politics going around with Fizz with some senior guys not wanting him in the team (god knows for what reasons) and some said that despite physio ruling him fit, Fizz denied to take the field etc etc. No official statement on his case made it worse.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Different reports saying different things making the whole thing cloudy. Some said there was politics going around with Fizz with some senior guys not wanting him in the team (god knows for what reasons) and some said that despite physio ruling him fit, Fizz denied to take the field etc etc. No official statement on his case made it worse.
Given the attitude he showed in his first ODI, why am I not surprised?