• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tillakaratne quits

Craig

World Traveller
Arjun said:
Very well? If that was so, they could have come close to winning a Test. He just takes 1/2 wickets a match, or 3, then runs out of steam. His batting was pathetic.
Well from what I saw he bowled well and didnt always get the wickets. Blame the batsmen and Tillarakaratne.

Arjun said:
Why? They have won so many Tests in so little time, so there is no need to complain. The Lankans, on the other hand, have lost 3 Tests in a row and have just one victory, post World Cup.
Again he has been one of their better batsmen and he did make runs last around.

Maybe you lot can be too fickle.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
tooextracool said:
personally i think the best captain for sl would be sangakkara or jayawardhene(although his place is under serious jeopardy). i dont think attapattu will ever amount to anything great.
The Sangakkara suggestion is interesting. I like the way Sangakkara approaches the game and I reckon he'd make a great leader, but he must give up the gloves to take on that responsibility, and that leaves the Sri Lankan team with one less batsman.

You'd think they'll give it to Atapattu, with Jayawardene next in line (as the current one-day VC), but I hope they're thinking about Sangakkarra - I think he's the sort of bloke who'd lead from the front.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Linda said:
So more 'bits' and more 'pieces' players then?
No, however what you need is a few more lessons in witty sarcasm. Don't worry you'll get there eventually.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:
No, however what you need is a few more lessons in witty sarcasm. Don't worry you'll get there eventually.
Hey hey, back off. I wasnt making fun of you, just a play on words.