• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC have done It again its Murali this time

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
How often do you want to throw your toys out of the pram.

Paraphrasing Ehsan Mani - "the ICC is virtually Asia" - so what are you talking about?

The Murali "other one" has caused a lot of controversy (probably optical illusion-related) and I have littled doubt that the UWA will clear him.

Chris - Good one... :rolleyes:

Cloete

International Captain
koch_cha said:
Murali suspected for chuking when delivering his DOOSRA

Any one don't tell me that ICC cannot do anything about this
its a Match refree working for them who has reported Murali
for chucking.And please i am not making any racial comments here
i am telling the truth.ICC is really biased.:!(

um... ok. how can you even MENTION racism agaibst murali here! I think if murali had been called for chucking and his action been banned everyone would call for racism, which is why he hasn't been banned. if it was a white person his action would had to have been re-sorted or he would have been banned. now i completely don't agree with racism but if you think about it people nowadays pf darker complexion are allowed to get away with alot more in terms of racism because of their turbulant past.

brings me back to a comment made by mugabe where he asked blair to "Keep his pink figners out of it".

so how you can think to call the ICC or Broad racist is beyond me because at the end of the day, Murali's been allowed to get away with alot mroe then he should have.

Last edited:

Newlands

Cricket Spectator
I'm not commenting on Murali or any of that old stuff but I was interested to read these new posts about him having recently read Daniel Vettori's comments in The Wisden Cricketer April 2004 edition saying that "it's biomechanically impossible" when talking about the Doosra. This was part of an answer following the question "Is it possible to bowl a doosra legally?". Quite a leading question but Daniel has answered it with his view.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nothing's biomechanically impossible in my book - look at gymnasts. I could swear legs don't go that way.

Biomechanically impossible for 99.99%+ of people, but not biomechanically impossible.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
And anyway, isn't "doosra" merely Urdu (?) for "the other one".

Nonetheless, Shoaib Malik and Saqlain Mushtaq have bowled many a doosra and I've not seen or heard much moaning about their actions.

Oh, and Welcome to CW :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Nothing's biomechanically impossible in my book - look at gymnasts. I could swear legs don't go that way.

Biomechanically impossible for 99.99%+ of people, but not biomechanically impossible.
I defy anyone to touch their right elbow with their right hand (Murali probably comes closest)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
I defy anyone to touch their right elbow with their right hand (Murali probably comes closest)
I offer the services of a baseball bat to aid this process... ;)

Taufeeq Umar

Cricket Spectator
The doosra is a clear chuck, how anyone cant realize that baffles me, Murali should be banned from playig cricket, he is a disgrace.

Craig

World Traveller
Accuse me of being racist, bigot, ignorant, pig headed or what ever, if so I apologise.

BUT

If Chris Board felt there was some suspusion then he has is in some justification to report it.

It doesnt make him right or I will agree with him, he is well with in his rights to report something until it is proved he does or does not.

chris.hinton

International Captain
If i tried to do Muril action and used it on a Cricket field I would be banned for Life, but somehow he get away with this. Bent arms are Cheating In cricket you not allowed to do that

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
chris.hinton said:
If i tried to do Muril action and used it on a Cricket field I would be banned for Life, but somehow he get away with this. Bent arms are Cheating In cricket you not allowed to do that
Sorry, Chris, but you are totally wrong on this point.

STRAIGHTENING the arm is the problem with throwing, not having a bent arm.

indianreligion

School Boy/Girl Captain
u guys must be crazy if u think there is any racial factor here, or as u very carefully put it, a difference in icc's thoughts for different countries.

icc TRIES to do wat is fair...ok, i admit that a few of em (match refrees) do pick on certain players (sourav ganguly,rashid latif <at one point of time>...for eg) primarily coz these players hav got there nose up in the air.

i personally don't think murali chucks...but if the match refree finds sumthing fishy, u can't go saying that the icc's prejudiced.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chris.hinton said:
Please find a copy of the Laws of Cricket, read them, and then come back having realised you are talking rubbish.