• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can Pathan be as good as Wasim?

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
vandemataram said:
There is some similarity between the two, and that is that both are fast bowlers.

Thats a different case that one is a legend and the other is an average test bowler
You can say he is average but he is only 19 and has got five of the top seven wickets of the best batting side in the world.If he repeats this again everyone will be saying he is the next mcgrath

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Proud Indian said:
Also because you are facing a better team...
No - the Harmison currently playing England is nothing like the Harmison that played in the Ashes - and irrespective of opposition quality, I think he would definitely have performed a lot better against Australia if he were to play them next week rather than last year.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
I would like to point out that this thread was started by a Pakistani supporter. Nothing wrong with that, but I just want to make sure people realize that is not a case of Indian overzealousness.

I think the title of "young Akram" only fits A Nehra.

As for Pathan, he's his own man. I don't see much similarity between Akram and Pathan, except that both are aggresive and are left arm bowlers. Pathan might not be able to be as succesful as Akram as a bowler, but as a batsman he will definately be much much better.