• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Worst Cricket Experiences

Shri

Mr. Glass
Being hyped up as a good bat and getting pinged in the temple by your college rival first ball in a tennis ball match. Only to get caught in the boundary next ball.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Telling Ur fiancee that u r gng to bat and ll call back in a couple of hours, chip Ur first ball straight to mid-wicket's hands and call back less than 2 mins after u hung up.

True story as my Mrs. will attest to. :(

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Telling Ur fiancee that u r gng to bat and ll call back in a couple of hours, chip Ur first ball straight to mid-wicket's hands and call back less than 2 mins after u hung up.

There's a Maggi joke in there somewhere.

Bijed

International Regular
Comically running out my partner in the first game I played for my work team (the first game I'd played at all since I was about 13) was somewhat embarrassing and began a quite weird passage of play where we suffered 4 dire run-outs in 2-3 overs.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Had something similar a few weeks back when our game was getting tight. We were defending an ordinary total but the other lot kept losing wickets. Our keeper (dickhead of the highest order) was carrying on and sledging in his usual manner which understandably was getting the batsman agitated. I'd told the keeper to stfu but he kept going.

Anyway, next thing the batsman backs away and started taking his gloves off. Turns out, because this is village stuff, he'd left his (now ringing) phone in his pocket and was giving it to the umpire.

Naturally, being the helpful bloke I am I delivered a very old joke and said "Just tell her you won't be long". **** went ballistic at me! Couldn't believe it. Anyway, he nicked off next ball, which made the whole thing pretty ****ing funny.

adub

International Captain
Come on, surely the worst for everyone is getting hit on the box by some innocuous medium pacer and hitting the deck like you've been shot and completely unable to stand up again for about 5 minutes.

or is that just me?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Posted about this in a similar thread, but here it is again.

Lightning bolt kills batsman - www.smh.com.au

I was only 18 at the time, it was surreal. It sounded like the ****ing world exploded. People always asked why they didn't go off but the storm wasn't even close, there was some lightning off in the distance but there was a solid 10-15 seconds between lightning and thunder and it was some distance away. Such an unlucky thing to happen.

Don't think I've ever posted about it on CW before. Seems weird, as it would've been pretty fresh still when I'd joined.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My first day at a Test match - had to get up at 7.00am for the sixty mile drive to Manchester, got there and it pissed down all day - there was never even an inspection but we hung around till tea when they called it off