• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2017

FBU

International Debutant
Think we are in a good position now pretty much everything is finished with the redevelopment. (Bar destroying the red rose suite but I hear that is in the plans). We've made profits the last few years but they have just been using it to reduce the debt I think.

That said not really happy with the Jennings thing. If he bats 3 it's not the end of the world, but not our most pressing need at this point. Onions is ok if Jarvis is going, although I hope Mahmood gets more games next year.
I want Davies and Hameed to open the batting.
Davies has now reached 1,000 first-class runs this season and is 1st wicketkeeper to score 1,000 f-c runs for Lancs in a season!

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Assuming Northants win, Notts need to get to 200 and draw the game, to get promoted. (i think).

Worcestershire up. Gonna be tough for them next year. Being up and struggled before. Squad light on numbers. Got some good young players though. Tongue, J Clarke, Dolly, Barnard. Need some reinforcements in both batting and bowling but not sure they will bring in anyone.
Ashwin seems an unlikely option with the IPL and India touring.

Groundking

International Debutant
Assuming Northants win, Notts need to get to 200 and draw the game, to get promoted. (i think).

Worcestershire up. Gonna be tough for them next year. Being up and struggled before. Squad light on numbers. Got some good young players though. Tongue, J Clarke, Dolly, Barnard. Need some reinforcements in both batting and bowling but not sure they will bring in anyone.
Ashwin seems an unlikely option with the IPL and India touring.
Hopefully Joe Clarke tears it up and gets into the test side and fills a hole in it, think he's got a good chance of suceeding at test level.

SeamUp

International Coach
One last proper knock by Reado hopefully. Legend. 20 years of service for the Green & Gold. 16000+ FC runs and 1000 + FC dismissals

Currently in a good partnership with Billy Root. Billy almost looks like Joe at times.

SeamUp

International Coach
Leading County Champ Div 1 run scorers under 25 with a 40+ average

Alex Davies (23) 886 @ 40.27
Dan Lawrence (20) 761 @ 44.76
Liam Livingstone (24) 734 @ 43.17
Ben Foakes (24) 680 @ 45.33

* Hameed (20) 513 @ 28.50

Nothing else after really. About Div 2 Duckett, Clarke with Bell-Drummond/Jennings so poor this season.

Groundking

International Debutant
Leading County Champ Div 1 run scorers under 25 with a 40+ average

Alex Davies (23) 886 @ 40.27
Dan Lawrence (20) 761 @ 44.76
Liam Livingstone (24) 734 @ 43.17
Ben Foakes (24) 680 @ 45.33

* Hameed (20) 513 @ 28.50

Nothing else after really. About Div 2 Duckett, Clarke with Bell-Drummond/Jennings so poor this season.
Yup, hopefully the Lions selectors aren't completely brain dead as **** and take Livingstone and Lawrence with Hales making up 3,4,5, and Hameed opening with whoever the **** else.

SeamUp

International Coach
Read's only gone and tonned up off 108 balls with a 6 coming in at 50/5 under pressure (not just for this game but for promotion) in his last game at 39 years of age. Take a bow son.

SeamUp

International Coach
Yup, hopefully the Lions selectors aren't completely brain dead as **** and take Livingstone and Lawrence with Hales making up 3,4,5, and Hameed opening with whoever the **** else.
Yeah reckon they go

Hameed
Duckett
Livingstone
Lawrence
Clarke

But do they fit in guys like Westley & Jennings

Problem for guys like Hales, Buttler are the T20 leagues they in. Not sure on the scheduling but I know Hales will be in SAF November/December

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hampscum's target sitting at 200 with one wicket left to take, Bell's SR dropping as he runs out of partners.

Hope it's enough but it fear it may not be.