• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2017

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Typical Ravi innings at Scarborough, throw away a start.

Was great being able to watch Amir, was more side-on than being behind the bowler's arm but was still super seeing him in action.
Obviously not in Amir's class, but what do you reckon to Porter, taken a lot of wickets this year.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Quick word for Alex Davies, missed the whole of last season with injury, been keeping and opening this season in the CC (keeping ahead of Buttler in this game). Fell short of his ton but turned the game today with 97 of 92.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Obviously not in Amir's class, but what do you reckon to Porter, taken a lot of wickets this year.
Amir made the early breakthroughs, then Porter grabbed three. Was prepared to keep it full the whole time - Lyth drove him a fair bit for runs, but got his rewards at the other batsmen. Got it through pretty decent pace, but quite short in stature and skiddy to watch. Not sure he'd be the type that England look for in general.

Actually quite similar to what Coad looked like for Yorkshire.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Santner outbowling Sodhi in the TV games to the degree that the tournament figures (6.8 ER vs. 9.8 ER) suggest, anyone?

"Flap your wings and fly away" would probably be the preferred caption from most Notts supporters.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Not holding out much hope of any County action today. Was really looking forward to this round of matches.

fredfertang

Not holding out much hope of any County action today. Was really looking forward to this round of matches.
Indeed, although at least come the end of the day it looks like I will be able to confidently predict Lancashire will not be relegated this summer

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
There was a funny line in today's cricket paper about Cook struggling to remember his openers like Liz Taylor remembers husbands.

Bijed

International Regular
Amazed Howe hasn't dropped by to mention Bresnan's 6-19, guess he's too hungover from celebrating it (or maybe the celebrations are still ongoing) :)

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I was moving house pretty much all day yesterday. Settled in to watch the end of the roses game and went to bed thoroughly content without any need for online exchanges. Tim has blessed this new chapter in my life.

theegyptian

T20 has been excellent in terms of competitive groups and games. South group there are 5 points (2points for a win) between all 10 teams. Essex and Surrey who are the bottom 2 still have a chance of qualifying with a game in hand on most teams.

Yorkshire struggling to qualify in the top group after todays defeat and they've got a pretty strong side.

England u19s just getting demolished by India. Saw some of the game that was on sky the other day. Henry Brookes (Warwickshire) looks to have a touch of Steve Harmison. Tall and a little erratic but generates some good pace for a 17 year old. Could be really awkward to play in time.

fredfertang

I was moving house pretty much all day yesterday. Settled in to watch the end of the roses game and went to bed thoroughly content without any need for online exchanges. Tim has blessed this new chapter in my life.
He's clearly sold his soul to the devil in return for a ten year age reduction - poor show imo

91Jmay

International Coach
Seems like we are making a push for Morkel, if you can't beat em join em and all that but I don't like it.

S.Kennedy

I saw a bit of the Twenty20 but I've been basically stuck in some weird limbo land since early July, granted the Summer is a wash out so it is not as if I could ever look up to the sky and say, ''curse you ECB for denying me proper cricket on a hot July/August day''.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ashwin, Pujara, Ishant all on their way to the CC for the rest of the season. May even see Ravi Jadeja win games for some shire and watch Howe explode on the podcast. :p