• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2017

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
This round of games is a joke really. Worcestershire, Durham and Notts for instance played t20s on Friday and Saturday before starting a championship game today. None of the teams had any real preparation time. T20 starts again straight after day 4 of these games.

Hard to believe there is much high class cricket being played. Especially with all the low scores in div1.

Collingwood signing on for another year. Probably scoring more runs now than he ever did when he was selected for England.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Good to see finally a fully functioning opening stand for Durham, Latham and Steel putting on a massive 234. Elsewhere the wickets seem a bit lively, or is that because the batsmen are still in 'Twenty20 mode'? This South African series has failed to ignite my interest so I'll probably skip the end and put the county stuff on tomorrow on BBC's online radio service.

91Jmay

International Coach
To be honest picking someone like Malan I rather try Hales at 5, hope he'd be a bit more positive there which should help him more.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
To be honest picking someone like Malan I rather try Hales at 5, hope he'd be a bit more positive there which should help him more.
It would be far too reactive for my taste, but he was far from the worst opener we tried so maybe it could pay off since we're kinda desperate here. Getting ahead of myself tbf.

91Jmay

International Coach
It would be far too reactive for my taste, but he was far from the worst opener we tried so maybe it could pay off since we're kinda desperate here. Getting ahead of myself tbf.
Yeah, picking Malan and him scoring against Windies would give us Ravi Bopara mark 2. Same for Westley.

Groundking

International Debutant
I'd like Hales to come back into the side at 5 too, we really shouldn't be turning our noses up against a player who has been seeing the ball so well in everything he does, and it's not like he looked all at sea when he was in the side.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
TBF, Ravi Bopara is looking an upgrade on much of what we have.
Typical Ravi innings at Scarborough, throw away a start.

Was great being able to watch Amir, was more side-on than being behind the bowler's arm but was still super seeing him in action.