• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2017

stumpski

International Captain
Insane scoring at Headingley - a 49-ball ton for Willey, and Hastings has bowled three overs for 58 - will he get another one?

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I've not been to any of the matches but I see Durham are having a shocker of a Twenty20 campaign? Makeshift batting and some wayward bowling apparently?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Guessing the Derby pitch is playing pretty well. Derbyshire got 211 including 90 odd from Lancashire reject Luis Reece, and Lancs are 91/1 after 7.3 overs, Livingstone opening up with 44 off 18 and Buttler due in next

stumpski

International Captain
Judging by his figures he looks like he thinks he's in a Test match too - 2-2-0-0 - ridiculous

2-2-0-1 in fact - chance for him to do a Brian Langford here.

Are you all too gobsmacked by the Rikki Clarke bombshell to pass comment? Hard to see how he will slot in though I suppose Sanga going will create one space.

And Hose has joined Warwickshire - odd move for one who was just establishing himself at Somerset. Silly boy, if he'd stayed on he might have been captain next year!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

Are you all too gobsmacked by the Rikki Clarke bombshell to pass comment? Hard to see how he will slot in though I suppose Sanga going will create one space.

First I'd heard of it. Rikki for Sanga isn't exactly an upgrade, is it.

stumpski

International Captain
Surely he's the one-man replacement for Sangakkara and Footitt? Is he going to play this season do we know? I have to say I'm not keen on players switching counties mid-season, I don't think there's often a good reason for that, notwithstanding the odd Kohler-Cadmore. I suspect there will be another high-profile signing for Surrey before the season's out.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Went along to Lord's last night for the Middlesex / Essex game.

McCullum and Morgan's batting was entertaining but hardly a surprise.
Whereas Dan Lawrence's leg spin was a real eye-opener; really impressive actually.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

And Hose has joined Warwickshire - odd move for one who was just establishing himself at Somerset. Silly boy, if he'd stayed on he might have been captain next year!
Bigger story than Rikki for Sanga is Hose for Rikki, IMO.

Warks look like they're intent on a 'balance the ****ing books no matter what' strategy, even if that ends in the depths of Div 2.