• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2017

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Decent effort by Rory Burns, who has been in action for the first 3 and a bit days of the match. 219* is a fair effort after your side conceded 648, and now the lad's back out there for the second innings.
Alec Stewart was talking up his England chances again- like every other Surrey player he's got. Still will be some achievement to stay on the ground for the whole game, if he manages it.

T20 starts tomorrow.

theegyptian

Sounds like Thakor has been watching a little too much pr0n.

Thakor suspended after police charge | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

ESPNcricinfo understands the incident occurred when Thakor was being shown round a new house by a pair of female estate agents. It is alleged he catastrophically misread the signals and was found in a bedroom in a state of undress. It is understood that CCTV footage of some of the event exists.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

ESPNcricinfo understands the incident occurred when Thakor was being shown round a new house by a pair of female estate agents. It is alleged he catastrophically misread the signals and was found in a bedroom in a state of undress. It is understood that CCTV footage of some of the event exists.
That's brilliant. Wasn't there as episode of Friends where Joey did exactly that with one of the female characters?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

"catastrophically misread the signals"

Mr Dobell a great loss to the diplomatic service

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Do Durham have a points deduction in the T20? The side they are putting out seems like they already don't give a ****.

grecian

Shane Warne or KP to call for Jade Dernbach to be made English limited over captain in 1-2-3-4....

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Flintoff will increase TRP of Blast - has the kind of adrenaline-charged commentary style that T20 needs.

Last edited:

grecian

It's Bantz isn't it?

Meh, not my thing but I don't hate it, mind you that's probably because it can't be any worse than Beefy and Warne commentating on Test cricket. Bar set infinitely low.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fingers crossed Luke Fletcher is ok, Sam Hain drilled one straight back at him and hit him on the head. Sounds like he walked off a few minutes later though so hope he is ok.

grecian

Look, I may well seem to be an harsh bastard here, but Fletcher walked and was never unconcious, it looked nasty, but c'mon, this has happened 100s of times before, it's clearly not a Phil Hughes situation.

Awaits hate for callous view. Yet I hope he's fine and there is no reason that he won't be from what I saw.

theegyptian

Big day for Gloscricket.

Firsts at home at Cheltenham, against local rivals Worcestershire.
Seconds played (and beat) Afghanistan by 5 wickets in a 40 over friendly at Bedminster. A certain Rashid Khan 1-61 from 7.5 overs. ****bain 102, and Hankins 78 for Glos.
Bristol hosted the womens world cup game between Eng and Aus.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look, I may well seem to be an harsh bastard here, but Fletcher walked and was never unconcious, it looked nasty, but c'mon, this has happened 100s of times before, it's clearly not a Phil Hughes situation.

Awaits hate for callous view. Yet I hope he's fine and there is no reason that he won't be from what I saw.
The video looked horrifying, here's hoping it's nowhere near as bad as it looked.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not sure what has been shown on screen as I was at the ground but the ball literally rebounded off his head and straight up in the air higher then then top of the stands.