• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2017

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Read was a quality keeper, he's old as balls now. Couldn't bat at test level, but been a fantastic pro and has a great career. Really happy for him it finished this way
Indeed, I'll be magnanimous and forgive him for being such a **** as a 16 year old

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Which is?
nass talked about it on comms. he does this weird thing where he motions to go to his right but ends up not going which completely bamboozles the slip cordon.

he does it to edges that he should be taking as well as those that should be left for 1st slip.

it was discussed quite a bit throughout the 06/07 ashes series.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I don't like Hales but, fair play, some innings. Supporting Notts so glad they won.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Essex have had loads of Cooky. You've been really lucky there. Not that I'm complaining as I think it should be like that for all the internationals, and would rather like to see Essex win that division.

theegyptian

Abell finally dropping himself. Neither Byrom nor Rouse looked much cop today. Hose has come in and done well.

Kohler-Cadmore getting a debut for the Yorkshire after scoring a lot of club and 2nd xi runs since he moved from Worcester. Him and Shaun Marsh should strengthen the top order for the T20.

Few changes in the teams today with presumably some teams looking to the 20 over comp starting Friday.

theegyptian

Ay up, Yorkshire in a bit of strife.

Harry Brook looks a dreamy strokeplayer in my brief experience of seeing his boundaries.

Kent decision to pick one bat short, and pick five frontline bowlers (two of which are spinners) gonna pay off. Could easily of gone wrong but 385-1 batting first will feel pretty good.

I don't think Tom Helm is very fit (or at least bowling fit). Looks to be running in at 1/2 pace and bowling barely medium fast. Even the guys who start quick tend to end medium paced in England. I noticed Saq Mahmood is running in slower these days. Need to think how we bring on the young fast guys.

Last edited:

Pothas

Denly having his best season in years.

Rather better with the bat today from Hampshire.

Starfighter

I don't think Tom Helm is very fit (or at least bowling fit). Looks to be running in at 1/2 pace and bowling barely medium fast. Even the guys who start quick tend to end medium paced in England. I noticed Saq Mahmood is running in slower these days. Need to think how we bring on the young fast guys.
This sort of thing seems to be as old as the hills England, pace bowlers losing their pace.

Midwinter

State Captain
Fast bowlers don't have to bowl fast all the time, like a legspinner doesn't bowl googlies all the time, the batsman has to be watchful for the express delivery.

Cando Sandhu having a game this round.

Starfighter

So Kent have finally declared. I think they stand a decent chance of a good first innings lead here.

fredfertang

Did the pink ball make a difference last round.?

Some high scores this time round.

I.Holland made 58 for Hants.
There were a couple of first day declarations with 9 wickets down late on that attracted some comment, so it certainly got the captains thinking, but I don't think it made any real difference - it still pissed it down on the last day at Edgbaston and ruined what promised to be an interesting final day in the Warks/Lancs game :@

theegyptian

Yorkshire down to the two fast bowlers with Sidebottom and Plunkett injured. Some rain around tomorrow at Scarborough. Somerset could do with a win.

theegyptian

CraigO causing Yorkshire some early problems. Brook bounced out twice. Some heavy rain around later so Somerset could do with getting it done by tea. Would make the table interesting if Warwickshire and Somerset can grab wins today.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Decent effort by Rory Burns, who has been in action for the first 3 and a bit days of the match. 219* is a fair effort after your side conceded 648, and now the lad's back out there for the second innings.