• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2017

Tom Flint

International Regular
Anyone been keeping an eye on this rawlins u19 lad. Seems to score runs every time he bats
Was he stole from WI though?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Club Statement: Marlon Samuels lol, Derbyshire no longer interested in Samuels. They obviously didn't take too kindly to him disclosing his potential contract details to the press. clown.

Rawlins and Bartlett the two standouts in the u19 batting. Be interesting to see if they can make a breakthrough this year at their counties. I don't think either was been particularly close last year. Someone who can play spin you would think would be ideal for Somerset. Slot Bartlett in at 6 instead of Allenby or vDM possibly.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-super-league-2016-17/content/story/1083497.html Imagine being on the overseas reserve list for the PSL final. Come in just for the final in Lahore when none of the other overseas players travel. Get Max Waller and Darren Stevens on the next flight to Lahore.

Some of the foreign players rather cynical with their use of twitter. Would never comment about blasts or terrorist attacks outside the western world generally but now they are potentially heading to Lahore for the finals they are happy to bring up blasts and send sympathy. I can't see many of the foreign players going.

Last edited:

Watson33

U19 12th Man
WICB seem to be in a real mess. They've been clashing with their players for a while now. Can't understand why Marlon missing the 50 over regional stuff means he has to miss the national team. Imagine the ODI team they could have if they just relaxed their stance a little. Gayle, Pollard, Bravo, Russell etc...

^With your point on overseas players going to the final, I can't see any of them going either. Pakistan authorities need to show they can handle events after the fiasco of the Sri Lankan team bus and particularly the treatment of the umpires coach on that day.

Last edited:

AndrewB

Anyone been keeping an eye on this rawlins u19 lad. Seems to score runs every time he bats
Was he stole from WI though?
Stolen from Bermuda, if anything, and apparently he went to school in Sussex through a scholarship organised by the Bermudan Cricket Board.

theegyptian

Leach not so prolific now that he's not chucking them down. Should get a petition going to have Notts reinstated and Somerset down in div 2 after this egregious abuse of the game.

theegyptian

SL A showing our guys how to bat long periods this game. Westley has had a good winter but you need more than flashy 80s and 90s to nail a spot. It's endemic with England senior teams at the moment. Guys like Bairstow, Stokes and Buttler don't setup to bat long times. Guys like Cook and Root have done it, but through form and concentration issues aren't doing it right now.

theegyptian

Terrific match for Livingstone. Hadn't even debuted in first class cricket this time last year. I kinda assumed that he was some kind of slogger hack with an iffy technique given he scored lots of runs for Lancs 2nds and yet never got a game in first class cricket.... but obviously not. Might be leapfrogging a whole lot of players this tour. Leach doing a good job attempting to block out for a draw.

I don't think the Jennings/Hameed failures are too worrying yet. I think it would probably be a bit of a buzzkill going from test cricket back to lions cricket.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Terrific match for Livingstone. Hadn't even debuted in first class cricket this time last year. I kinda assumed that he was some kind of slogger hack with an iffy technique given he scored lots of runs for Lancs 2nds and yet never got a game in first class cricket.... but obviously not. Might be leapfrogging a whole lot of players this tour. Leach doing a good job attempting to block out for a draw.

I don't think the Jennings/Hameed failures are too worrying yet. I think it would probably be a bit of a buzzkill going from test cricket back to lions cricket.
I think historically we have generally been pretty slow at giving younger players chances in the first team. That changed a little in the last 2 years under Giles with the likes of Hameed, Jones, Mahmood, Parkinson, Davies & Livingstone being given chances, hopefully that continues and Chapple/Chilton don't prioritize their mates but our seconds used to be clogged up with players in their early 20s that had shown potential but not given chances. Still Livingstone was batting 6/7 for most of last year, he needs to bat higher this year and there is no reason he shouldn't bat 4 in our lineup.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jennings hasn't done too badly, just hasn't gone on with it yet. Every innings in these games seems to have started with a clatter of early wickets. He's scored 122 runs in 4 innings, 5th highest in the series.

Pushpakumara's record generally and in this series is insane. You wonder how he hasn't played for Sri Lanka yet.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Livingstone contributing with the ball today, 1-28 off 10 when the rest of the bowlers took a bit of tap.

Combined Northerners side would look pretty decent these days, something like

Hameed
Lyth/Lees
Root
Borthwick
Bairtstow+
Livingstone
Bresnan
Rashid
Wood
Anderson
Brooks/Onions

That's ignoring transplants otherwise it gets even better with Stokes and other people available like Jennings, Ballance, Buttler.

theegyptian

Sounds like Marchant de Lange to Glamorgan is back on. Not on Kolpak but his wife has a british passport. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...lange-glamorgan-south-africa?CMP=share_btn_tw

Glamorgan could be putting out a De Lange, Hogan, Meschede, Van der Gugten bowling attack which would be pretty tasty. All born overseas. Meschede the only one who might play for England. Ingram, Cooke and Selman playing as locals also having been born and learnt their cricket oversea. Rudolph the overseas player.

wow ravi says he's going to Lahore (if they win today). That is a surprise.

Ravi Bopara‏Verified account @ravibopara 4m4 minutes ago

If we win tonight I will travel to Lahore for the final. @KarachiKingsARY @thePSLt20 #DhanDhanaDhanHogaRe
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Last edited: