Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: **Official** County Cricket 2017

International Regular theegyptian's Avatar
    U19s doing a better job at batting time than the senior team in India. So far Holden 170 off 355, Bartlett 179 off 249 and Rawlins 124* off 254. Only Moeen 146 off 262 batted that amount of time on the senior tour.

As for the lions the performances have been fairly spread out amongst the group. Hard to predict who will be next to break through from that group. TRJ if anyone has probably had the best winter but don't particularly see him playing in the same team as Broad and Anderson.

Predict the next 5 guys to debut in test cricket for England? Not very easy given Jennings and Hameed have both just debuted. Should be a fairly settled side for a while. Likely to be bowlers.

International Captain
    No Junaid Khan has a British passport due to his wife.
    This switching sides is driving me nuts.

International 12th Man S.Kennedy's Avatar
    I'm hoping Jack Burnham and Josh Coughlin finally make good for Durham. If that happens they are future prospects.

U19 Cricketer
    Gubbins
    Trj
    Leach
    Roy
    Billings
    (In no particular order)

Yes can't see Roy personally even with the aggression memo from Bayliss. Or at least I hope not.

The other 4 I could believe although Billings is going to struggle to play much 4 day stuff and no asian tours for a little while now.

Now or never you'd think for TRJ

U19 Cricketer
    I dont see roy even in the next 2 years tbh , but then again i dont think there will actually be 5 debutants in the next 2 years.
    There's plenty of others who have played before who will probably get another crack i.e duckett vince buttler ball wood ect. There's plenty of fringe players who i would expect to get called up before u got to these 5

U19 Cricketer
    Not that i agree as i would have leach gubbins in the xi now

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    U19s doing a better job at batting time than the senior team in India. So far Holden 170 off 355, Bartlett 179 off 249 and Rawlins 124* off 254. Only Moeen 146 off 262 batted that amount of time on the senior tour.

As for the lions the performances have been fairly spread out amongst the group. Hard to predict who will be next to break through from that group. TRJ if anyone has probably had the best winter but don't particularly see him playing in the same team as Broad and Anderson.

Predict the next 5 guys to debut in test cricket for England? Not very easy given Jennings and Hameed have both just debuted. Should be a fairly settled side for a while. Likely to be bowlers.
    Rayner, Borthwick, Leach, TRJ, Westley

TRJ probably only needs an injury or two during the summer to get a game so he is most likely. Then after that it gets really hard:

Westley
    Rayner
    S. Curran
    Lawrence

Most likely spot to open up is probably in the middle order and Westley may well be top of that list right now, the bottom two just because you feel they are bound to play for England one day and it could be sooner than we think. There will probably be some bowler that is not really in discussion at the moment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Flint View Post
    I dont see roy even in the next 2 years tbh , but then again i dont think there will actually be 5 debutants in the next 2 years.
    There's plenty of others who have played before who will probably get another crack i.e duckett vince buttler ball wood ect. There's plenty of fringe players who i would expect to get called up before u got to these 5
    We can hope, if so we have probably had a decent year or two. Nothing like the end of a disastrous tour to lead to some random caps (Rankin, Borthwick, Dawson)

Averaging 82, Borthwick might have got into England last season, as solely a bat this time, but when it was being discussed by the media and whatnot, his form went tits up and he averaged 27 for the remainder of the championship. I think James Vince got the position who was completely useless!

Sidebottom is retiring, famed for his '70s barnet and amusing name. Great servant of the county scene and, for what he played, a pretty fine bowler for England - should have definitely played a lot more. He actually won five county championships; he was in the Yorkshire side that won that lone 2001 season, then the two for Notts and more recently twice for Yorkshire.

FBU
    Next 5 debutants

The Currans in white ball cricket re Ireland
    Gubbins when Jennings fails against Rabada, Steyn, Philander
    Westley replacing Buttler after SA
    Borthwick for the Ashes
    Archer and Rawlins to the Lions

Nitpicking I know but Borthwick already has an England cap, Ashes dead rubber Sydney 2014 - brought in solely as a leggy in those days (3/33).

These days, certainly in first-class, I'd struggle to make the case that he is a batting/all-rounder, part-timer being the preferred option. He went to Wellington 2015-16 to learn something from Jeetan Patel and averaged 48 odd with the bat and bowled filth. That about sums it up.

lol derbyshire have offered Marlon Samuels a Kolpak deal according to Samuels. I know they lost Broom, but Samuels feels like about the worst fit possible for the county grind.

Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information