• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2017

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Such a great win.

A shame that some English players made a contribution, ideally it would have been an entirely Kolpak effort.

Scaly piscine

Such a great win.

A shame that some English players made a contribution, ideally it would have been an entirely Kolpak effort.
Yep, maybe have Rod Branscum go buzz around the South Africa side with his wads of cash, see if there's anyone else who fancies retiring from international cricket in their 20s. Obviously the less England prospects who play the better.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Is their any easy place for me to watch the County Cricket live over the net?... not available here in SA and don`t want to be reduced to watching IPL.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Essex collapsing.

Dan Lawrence starting the season well. Watching him bat and it's obvious he's judges length quick and has plenty of time against the seamers. I was a little alarmed last year the way his technique seemed to get more extreme with his movements to offstump and outside (rather like Steve Smith) but I guess if he continues scoring runs there is no problem there. Would think a good season will see him in the lions team this winter.

theegyptian

Is their any easy place for me to watch the County Cricket live over the net?... not available here in SA and don`t want to be reduced to watching IPL.
Notts, Glamorgan and Middlesex stream their home championship games on their website. Not sure if they are geo blocked for those outside the UK.

vogue

Liam Plunkett signed for another year with Yorkshire. Extension until December 2018.

fredfertang

Essex collapsing.

Dan Lawrence starting the season well. Watching him bat and it's obvious he's judges length quick and has plenty of time against the seamers. I was a little alarmed last year the way his technique seemed to get more extreme with his movements to offstump and outside (rather like Steve Smith) but I guess if he continues scoring runs there is no problem there. Would think a good season will see him in the lions team this winter.
Got excited for a moment there, then went to cricinfo

Woodster

International Captain
Essex consolidating again after a slight wobble at the start of the afternoon session. Excellent foundation to surviving this game laid by two England hopefuls in Westley and Lawrence both at the end of play yesterday and in the morning session today. Still plenty of work to do yet, Lawrence has got to keep his concentration, he has apparently been fantastic so far today albeit on a pitch that has flattened out but he's still had to overcome Jimmy armed with a new pill.RTD has to continue playing the captain's role here, this game isn't over yet.

SeamUp

International Coach
Dan Lawrence is a class player from what I saw in the u19 WC. Looks a sort of talent to be fast-tracked if he puts early numbers on the board. Last season there were lots of starts so good to see him convert to a 100 so early in the season and testing circumstances.

Down to the south east and Kent have signed Wayne Parnell as an overseas player. Second stint with the county after a successful one in 2009 when they were division 2 champs and had a good T20 Comp. A little while back they were close to announcing Duanne Olivier but CSA pulled the the plug on the deal.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Such a great win.

Carberry who ? Adams who ? Vince who ?

Rossouw and Abbott. Man, you guys are lucky.

Abbo already with a 7-for.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Dan Lawrence is a class player from what I saw in the u19 WC. Looks a sort of talent to be fast-tracked if he puts early numbers on the board. Last season there were lots of starts so good to see him convert to a 100 so early in the season and testing circumstances.

Down to the south east and Kent have signed Wayne Parnell as an overseas player. Second stint with the county after a successful one in 2009 when they were division 2 champs and had a good T20 Comp. A little while back they were close to announcing Duanne Olivier but CSA pulled the the plug on the deal.
Weird as the pretext was that CSA want to manage Duanne’s workload ahead of the Champions Trophy but he hasn’t been selected in that format yet and it would be a strange call to go to him at this late stage.

91Jmay

International Coach
Dan Lawrence is one of the best u19 talents I've seen from England in quite a while. Ridiculous range of shots, apparently he is a dickhead and has a proper attitude. That along with his technique really screams KP to me.

Woodster

International Captain
Pierre de Bruyn clearly ruffling some feathers at Leicestershire, Angus Robson has been granted his wish and had his contract terminated from the club so he can explore other cricketing avenues. A blow for Leicester but it'll be interesting to see who he joins, I'm sure there's probably already an offer on the table from someone.

brockley

International Captain
Usually these days when a county releases a player they rarely get another county.
He could be lucky.
Could decide to show his wares in Australia from now on heard he is moving back to Sydney from Perth.

Woodster

International Captain
Usually these days when a county releases a player they rarely get another county.
He could be lucky.
Could decide to show his wares in Australia from now on heard he is moving back to Sydney from Perth.
Yes that can certainly be the case with some players, I think this case is a little different as it is the player that has asked to be released, now knowing the dangers, as you've said, of not getting signed on somewhere else does make you think that maybe he has something in the pipeline.

If he hasn't, it's a very brave move knowing he could be without a county when he could have stayed at Leicester getting paid and playing 2nd XI cricket and waiting for his opportunity.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dan Lawrence is one of the best u19 talents I've seen from England in quite a while. Ridiculous range of shots, apparently he is a dickhead and has a proper attitude. That along with his technique really screams KP to me.
We do seem to have plenty of talented young players, trouble is they are all very young and probably not going to be ready for the England side till at least next year. Can't see them blooding any of the kids knowing an ashes tour is looming unless we get a load of injuries.