• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2017

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone heard about Reece Topley in recent times? Heard he moved to Hampshire last season and know he's had alot of injury problems the last 2-3 years.

Woodster

International Captain
Anyone heard about Reece Topley in recent times? Heard he moved to Hampshire last season and know he's had alot of injury problems the last 2-3 years.

Wasn't he on the Pace programme with England this winter ? Played the T20's last season, not much else I don't think.Such a shame he's so injury prone.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Mennie to lancs as overseas player. Kind of underwhelming although should be available for most of the season.

Kent really look weak. Second division teams getting weaker. Coles already gone, Northeast presumably too. Both to div 1 clubs.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...hip-to-split-into-three-conferences-v6fgknlq6

I've being thikning about this myself for a while. 3 groups of 6 for county championship. Means every county can still win the championship. Means player don't have to leave club to play div 1 cricket.

One thing they need to do is get rid of one of the two proposed T20 comps. ECB don't want two comps but they had to bargain with counties to get franchise/city/area t20. Whichever one they drop I don't mind, they just can't have a county and a city T20 comp in the same summer. Complete overkill.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Mennie to lancs as overseas player. Kind of underwhelming although should be available for most of the season.

Kent really look weak. Second division teams getting weaker. Coles already gone, Northeast presumably too. Both to div 1 clubs.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...hip-to-split-into-three-conferences-v6fgknlq6

I've being thikning about this myself for a while. 3 groups of 6 for county championship. Means every county can still win the championship. Means player don't have to leave club to play div 1 cricket.

One thing they need to do is get rid of one of the two proposed T20 comps. ECB don't want two comps but they had to bargain with counties to get franchise/city/area t20. Whichever one they drop I don't mind, they just can't have a county and a city T20 comp in the same summer. Complete overkill.
I generally like the promotion and relegation, pressure cricket, that our current structure offers, but this proposal is the best suggestion I've seen in recent times and will guarantee a real climax to the championship season.

As we are playing less CC games it's inevitable they want to fill the gaps with the cash cow that is T20 cricket, but surely for the game of cricket these additional spare days would be better served as rest/technical training days.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Northeast will probably have Stoneman's belated England call-up in mind, triggering his move. Kent had a good season last year and I do not agree with these division 1 jumpers myself. As Collingwood said, why don't they just stick with their teams and concentrate on getting those teams promoted?