• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mitchell Santner -Test career averages predictions

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah, Craig may actually win you a match with the ball himself, Santner will help the other bowlers win the match - at least theoretically.

Howsie

International Captain
If he chucked in the bowling and focused solely on his batting he could average 40 plus with the bat, no doubt. Hard to make consistent runs in this NZ team with how the tail bats.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If he chucked in the bowling and focused solely on his batting he could average 40 plus with the bat, no doubt. Hard to make consistent runs in this NZ team with how the tail bats.
I don't see it. For a start he can't chuck in the bowling, there's plenty of pure batsmen ahead of him. Secondly, I don't see where the extra 15 runs comes from. He'd work on his batting reasonably hard now, and he's a 25 average operator at Test level (and no, that has nothing to do with the tail - he hasn't been caught up with them for a while now). Average technique, doesn't like the short ball, can't hurt you like an Anderson can etc. BJ's averaged 38 with Tiny Heart Tim behind him, so it can be done if you're good enough.

Bahseph

State Captain
Technique wise he doesn't have a glaring weakness, but I haven't seen anything from him so far that would suggest he can be a top 6 batsman other than that 70 against India. He shouldn't be ahead of Watling, or Neesham/Anderson.

His bowling is all about containing but it might suit some pitches in dry conditions. So I'm going 28 Bat / 37 Ball.
I hope he proves me wrong and has a much better career though. I'm a huge Vettori fan boy and he reminds me of him haha